|Stott, Andy / Luxury Problems|
|Add Date:||2012-11-04||Pull Date:||2013-01-06||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||30 Dec||23 Dec||16 Dec||9 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov||11 Nov|
|1.||Jul 26, 2018:||subwoofer etc etc etc |
|4.||Feb 11, 2017:||Reckless Burning |
|2.||Aug 10, 2017:||Neural facilitation |
Up The Box
|5.||Dec 03, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
Luxury Problems / Up the Box / Leaving
|3.||Mar 15, 2017:||radio seven/deep storage N°50 |
|6.||Oct 05, 2016:||deep storage |
Knackered house. That is Stott’s own description of his music. If that does not immediately ring a bell, imagine if someone recorded peak hour at some fancy techno club onto an old school reel-to-reel, trashed the tape with sand paper, and added a ton of bass. That’s pretty much what this is. Add vocals from Stott’s old piano teacher and you’re ready to roll. Highly highly recommended for any fans of house, techno, ambient, or noise!|
Try: 3, 5, 1, 7, 6, 8. Hard to go wrong. FCC: Clean
1) 6:30 * Slow, repetitive hymn. The hushed vocals repeat something like ”touch,” as Stott slowly fades in a pounding kick drum. Tense.
2) 6:06 Steady drive, faint dramatic vocals. Various layers of percussion chime in.
3) 5:50 * Long ambient intro. After 2 minutes, a beat gradually fades in, transitions the track to fuzzy, static-heavy, deep, pulsating techno. Rich and pounding.
4) 8:40 Industrial intro. Buzzing interlude after 90 seconds, introduces a deep kick later softened by the female vocals. Some of the most relentless yet approachable material on this album.
5) 7:55 * Abstract instrumental jam. Slowly warping, similar to Stott’s older material. Heavy on industrial bleeps, faint echoes, and delays. A slow, dark march into a sea of nothingness.
6) 5:04 * Deep, rolling house with cool vocals. A couple of snazzy samples in there too. More straightforward, pretty entertaining.
7) 5:01 * A short burst followed by almost three minutes of build-up. It’s well worth it. An intense rush of slowed down drum’n’bass.
8) 3:43 * Sweet vocal-heavy jam. Plenty of voices interleaving, fading in and out. Pretty music.
|2.||Lost And Found||6.||Luxury Problems|
|3.||Sleepless||7.||Up The Box|
|4.||Hatch The Plan||8.||Leaving|