indie rock godhead.
mark my word, for I am mr. esq: the 90's revival is nigh...
bob mould has been around forever. if you are an 'indie rock' fan, and have never heard of him, then you should be shot.
or sent to indie rock reeducation camp (I will be 'teaching' there...)
mould, besides being a solo artist, was one third of the legendary 80's indie bedrock bands husker du, and later, sugar (a 90's approximation of the huskers.). Husker Du influenced just about everyone in indie rock and the 90's alternanation scam. One of them, nirvana, got real big. after cobain's suicide, grohl formed foo fighters. mould's been collaborating a lot with grohl over the years, and it shows.
=one of the year's best.
MR. ESQ. SEZ; MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!!!
FCC WARNING: #2
RIYL; IT'S BOB FUCKING MOULD!
PLAY THESE TRACKS: ANY/ALL/RANDOM/IT'S MEOW-RIFFIC!
1. PURR-FECT: alterna-poppy. got just that right amount of metallic grunge. very 90's. like nirvana body snatched weezer.
2. FCC WARNING: TOO MANY -ESPECIALLY 'SHIT.' foo fightin frenzy!
3. upbeat, poppy ala warners era husker du.
4. faster, fooier, fuck yeah! nuke explosion end -very 90's- leads into..
5. slow-mid ominous, epic pop. much like early mould/sugar. kinda robotic tinkle ending
6. PURR-FECT II: tribal beat. epic return after the end. 90's processed gits give way to run away stampede gits.
7. 80's jangle and epic rockin'. white noise outro.
8. warners era husker du. angelic voices end. (cheesy good) bleeds into...
9. a perfect cross between husker/sugar. rockin', searing.
10. foo fighters in introspective moment.