|Carlton Melton / Photos Of Photos|
|Album:||Photos Of Photos||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Carlton Melton||Added:||Nov 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-12-01||Pull Date:||2013-02-03|
|Week Ending:||Feb 3||Jan 27||Jan 20||Jan 13||Dec 30||Dec 23||Dec 16||Dec 9|
|1.||Jul 05, 2017:||Brownian Motion |
|4.||Apr 30, 2014:||brownian entropy |
Photos Of Photos
|2.||Aug 16, 2014:||Space House |
|5.||Nov 13, 2013:||minimum entropy |
|3.||May 15, 2014:||Stringless Balloon |
|6.||Feb 04, 2013:||"no way to say" 0001 |
Photos Of Photos
Transcendental psychedelia, local KZSU faves. I know I use the dreaded T-word far too often (Emerson would not approve) but hell, this is great stuff. The title fits the album perfectly; I’m tempted to be pretentious and label Melton’s tunes “meta-psych”, as it feels like a reflection on recognizable psych-rock tropes. Languid unison bends, synth arpeggios, fuzzed-out chords droning ad infinitum. Plodding, hazy rhythms. If there was such a thing as peer pressure to do drugs, this would be the soundtrack for it.|
Instrumental—FCC clean. RIYL Can, Acid Mothers Temple, Tangerine Dream, Bardo Pond
1. (12:03) Gentle, kaleidoscopic dreamy blues, “Live at Pompeii” vibes.
2. (6:43) Trippy, blissful drone. No drums. The soundtrack to a Werner Herzog documentary about LSD that doesn’t exist but totally should.
3. (10:24). Epic slow space-rock. David Gilmour and Tony Iommi had a baby and then sacrificed the bastard to Satan.
4. (8:22) Ethereal floating arpeggios, shimmering synth, very gentle ritualistic dirge.
5. (22:30) Anthemic, endless psychedelic march. Even longer than the LP version.
6. (9:58) another one from the LP--fuzzy, dreamy blend of bending, echoing guitars
|2.||Photos Of Photos||5.||Adrift|
|3.||Space Treader||6.||Smoke Drip|