Conguero Sanchez celebrates his 30th anniversary with Concord Jazz with this, his 26th release. Containing such classics as Afro Blue and On Green Dolphin Street. Wickedly hot and fun, watch for audience applause at beginning, end & middle of tracks.. This must have been amazing to see live. It’s all worth a play (except 5). I love it all.
1. Intro to the audience then instantly hot brass/perc Yow!
2. Lazily sexy cha cha w/vocals then it picks up and goes on.
3. Romantic mambo leads to one of his classics. Oh yeah!
4. Another dishy modern cha cha, amazing solos from the band.
5. Spoken intro by Poncho, just .23 seconds that leads to #6.
6. Warm, sexy, lazy downtempo seduction w/tight solos.
7. Instantly driving percussive heat then vocals. Way to short!
8. Warm and swinging big band Latin jazz, great solos!
9. Intro to salsa. Hot, hot, hot big band jam. Yow!