|Sanchez, Poncho And His Latin Band / Live In Hollywood|
|Album:||Live In Hollywood||Collection:||Jazz|
|Artist:||Sanchez, Poncho And His Latin Band||Added:||Nov 2012|
|Label:||Concord Jazz, Inc.|
|Add Date:||2012-12-01||Pull Date:||2013-02-03||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||Feb 3||Jan 27||Jan 20||Jan 6||Dec 23||Dec 16||Dec 9|
|1.||Mar 14, 2013:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Son Son Charari
|4.||Feb 02, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Feb 08, 2013:||Rebop |
|5.||Feb 01, 2013:||Rebop |
Son Son Charari
|3.||Feb 06, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
|6.||Jan 25, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
A Ti Nama
Conguero Sanchez celebrates his 30th anniversary with Concord Jazz with this, his 26th release. Containing such classics as Afro Blue and On Green Dolphin Street. Wickedly hot and fun, watch for audience applause at beginning, end & middle of tracks.. This must have been amazing to see live. It’s all worth a play (except 5). I love it all.|
1. Intro to the audience then instantly hot brass/perc Yow!
2. Lazily sexy cha cha w/vocals then it picks up and goes on.
3. Romantic mambo leads to one of his classics. Oh yeah!
4. Another dishy modern cha cha, amazing solos from the band.
5. Spoken intro by Poncho, just .23 seconds that leads to #6.
6. Warm, sexy, lazy downtempo seduction w/tight solos.
7. Instantly driving percussive heat then vocals. Way to short!
8. Warm and swinging big band Latin jazz, great solos!
9. Intro to salsa. Hot, hot, hot big band jam. Yow!
|2.||Poncho Sanchez Medley||6.||Morning|
|3.||Mambo Inn/On Green Dolphin Street||7.||A Ti Nama|
|4.||Crosscut Saw||8.||Afro Blue|
|9.||Son Son Charari|