It’s like big band music played by a small group. With Abate on every type of sax imaginable, plus flute, Woods on alto sax, Jesse Greene on piano, Evan Gregor on bass and Bill Goodwin on drums. An intimate, late night small-club sound. Solid straight up jazz with a few originals. Very nice stuff.
*1. Sweet mid/upbeat w/great interplays and solos. Cool!
*2. A bright and upbeat swing w/wonderful sax on lead.
3. Mid/up with cool sax harmonies and a cool, sophisticated vibe.
4. Nicely swinging mid/upbeat sway where everyone shines.
*5. Slow, gentle, romantic. Lowkey, quiet, but warm & lovely.
*6. Bright and unpretentious with a warm playfulness in solos.
7. Relaxed yet warm and bright w/varying tempos & quietness.
8. Midtempo flute, great solos from the entire band. Nice.
9. Quirky sax duets highlight this mostly midtempo romp.
*10. Mid/upbeat jam w/really cool sax/piano leads.