|Various Artists / Jahtarian Dubbers Vol. 3|
|Album:||Jahtarian Dubbers Vol. 3||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Dec 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-12-15||Pull Date:||2013-02-17||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Feb 17||Feb 10||Feb 3||Jan 27||Jan 20||Jan 13||Jan 6||Dec 30|
|1.||May 14, 2015:||channel 0+i |
Secret Laboratory (Rootah Version)
|4.||Mar 02, 2013:||New World Disorder |
Bullets Will Bounce
|2.||Mar 29, 2015:||cease and desist |
One Armed Swordsman
|5.||Feb 23, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Jan 18, 2015:||cease and desist |
|6.||Feb 16, 2013:||New World Disorderette |
Nah Lef Africa
Jahtarian Dubbers Vol. 3|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 12/10/12
Electronic future dub by a German crew who get input by email. They started making game sounds but have gone into dubstep and other ultra-dub styles. Nice group of vocalists and fun production. Hooray! All really quite good, and I didn’t hear any FCCs…
1. 2:55 ***slow, ponderous dub, with a bit of bounce. You can dance to this, but in slow-mo. Male dancehall vocals.
2. 3:05 **slow, simple instrumental skank, mostly electronic with pretty keyboard. Stonerific!
3. 3:03 ***bouncy, jaunty mid-tempo bangy bubble, high speed incomprehensible female vocals (major Scottish dancehall star Soon T).
4. 3:04 **scratchy sounding intro, slow lopsided sound collage electronic stomp. A bit of dubstep.
5. 3:10 ****midtempo bippity-boppity skank, fun dancehall vocals.
6. 3:11 ****midtempo electronic rubber-dub with Scratch in fine style.
7. 2:45 ****slow, wiggly syncopated bop with woobly-ass noises. Neet! Spoken sound collage.
8. 4:34 ***downtempo woobly-plinky dub, nice dancehall vocals (which I can actually understand! Gosh!)
9. 2:55 **spoken dancehall intro, bass-less electronic riddim. Some game noises. Gets uptempo beat after a minute.
10. 3:30 **fast, dusty scratchy, high pitched Atari noises. Turns into the happiest little bippy bubble you ever heard. Instrumental.
11. 3:06 **slow dub with dancehall spoken word, processed through mayonnaise.