|Artist:||Young, Neil & Crazy Horse||Added:||Dec 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-12-15||Pull Date:||2013-02-17|
|Week Ending:||Feb 3||Jan 27||Jan 20||Jan 13||Jan 6||Dec 30||Dec 23||Dec 16|
|1.||Mar 01, 2017:||Reckless Burning
|4.||Jan 24, 2013:||Daydream Disaster
Walk Like A Giant
|2.||Feb 25, 2017:||Reckless Burning
For The Love Of Man
|5.||Jan 21, 2013:||no way to say
|3.||Jan 27, 2013:||Sounds Of Nostalgia
|6.||Jan 19, 2013:||(BE/WOR)ST OF 2012
1. (27:37)* Woah. Nearly half an hour, starts acoustic but quickly picks up into a somber plodding rocker. This has got to be the Horse’s longest song ever—a must-hear.
2. (3:28)*Heavy phaser / flanger effect on a crunchy headnodding rocknroll riff that you’d swear you’ve heard somewhere before
3. (16:51)*Another ambitious long lyrical rock ballad, drenched in overdrive and nostalgia.
4. (3:49) Upbeat country rock about being from Ontario with a happy accordion solo.
1. (3:29) Driftin’ twangy folk-rock vibe, homage to Bob Dylan and autobiographical reflection
2. (8:33) Sad acid-washed tune, kind of sappy with a lot of whining harmonies, searing guitar solos.
3. (4:15) Hushed, somber ballad with very light strumming, religious themes, organ (or synth?) in parts
4. (16:29)** EPIC TRACK OF THE YEAR. A few minutes after he played this at Outside Lands, a guy pushed past me with his girlfriend, yelling at everyone within earshot, “her water just broke!” People were freaking out during the droning feedback at the end—think “Love and Only Love” but longer. (Neil said in some interviews that his favorite parts of Ragged Glory were the minute-long feedback outros. This is longer.) But the first 12 mins are a poignant affirmation of a long and troubled life, full of loud blazing guitar solos.
5. (3:13) the title track with the flanger mixed out
|1.||Driftin' Back||5.||Twisted Road|
|2.||Psychedelic Pill||6.||She's Always Dancing|
|3.||Ramada Inn||7.||For The Love Of Man|
|4.||Born In Ontario||8.||Walk Like A Giant|
|9.||Psychedelic Pill (Alternate Mix)|