|Bassnectar / Vava Voom|
|Add Date:||2012-12-19||Pull Date:||2013-02-24|
|Week Ending:||17 Feb||10 Feb||3 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan||13 Jan||6 Jan||30 Dec|
|1.||Mon, 13 Aug 18:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Underpants
|4.||Sat, 16 Feb 13:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorderette
|2.||Tue, 18 Mar 14:||Mr. Esquire & The Terrahist|
|5.||Sat, 09 Feb 13:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|3.||Sat, 16 Feb 13:||Hillstreet|
|6.||Sat, 02 Feb 13:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
Bassnectar – Vava Voom|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 12/18/12
Breakbeat/Dubstep/Drum & Bass from Santa Cruz (I didn’t know that!)… Several guest vocalists, mostly hip hop style vocals. Mostly quite large and loud. Apparently my head needed a good cleaning.
Mild FCCs on track 1, “ass” on track 3, a couple FCCs on track 11.
1. 3:50 FCC – he says “shit” a couple of times, not terribly obvious **chirpy electronics, slow hip hop vocals and beat. Dubstep for last minute.
2. 4:21 **starts with low weeblegrunts, very slow, builds into insect buzzy plodding stuff that kinda opens your third eye, ya know what I mean?
3. 4:33 ****whoosh, then manic drumming and possible cheerleaders. Crazy fast glitchtronics, amusing vocals, some dubstep. Gnarly!
4. 4:32 ****ping pong noises for several seconds, then alarming woobles. Rubber bands and ponderous beats. Echoes inside of echoes. I’m dizzy…
5. 4:55 ****snare and squeebles, extremely processed female vocals. Happy chords. Jamaican toasting bits. Fast and twitchy.
6. 4:35 ***actual bass guitar intro! Cheering… Total punk rock – huh! Apparently a Pennywise track, remixed. Yep, there’s some dubstep…
7. 3:07 ****game noises… and glitch, with some hip hop beat. Then massive, slow dubstep. Yippee!
8. 5:52 **twinkly little stars! Slow electronica, snippets of spoken words and processed laughter. Interesting, glitchy.
9. 4:18 **Bambi awakens! Butterflies and flutes and fairies! Whoa, I didn’t even notice the title was “Butterfly”… Ah, here’s a bit of dubstep. Very slow, pretty female vocals.
10. 5:48 **slow, long chords, with tinkly and pretty elements (and female vocal bits) thrown in. Gets all glitched out and then stops and is SILENT for last minute (!) sheesh.
11. 8:35 FCCs in passing at 2:25-2:23 from end. **HUGE MONSTER PLODDING ALONG….long fade, silence, quivers and birds… etc - basically unconnected bits of tracks – great for noise lovers!
|1.||Vava Voom||6.||Pennywise Tribute|
|2.||Empathy||7.||Do It Like This|
|3.||Ugly||8.||Laughter Crescendo [2012 Version]|
|5.||What||10.||Nothing Has Been Broken|