|Album:||Realization For The Ear||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Modular Expansion Records|
|Add Date:||2012-12-29||Pull Date:||2013-03-03||Charts:||Electronic, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Feb 17||Jan 20||Jan 13||Jan 6|
|1.||Feb 16, 2013:||Everything 2.0
|4.||Jan 16, 2013:||The Red Wheelbarrow
|2.||Feb 16, 2013:||Music Casserole
|5.||Jan 08, 2013:||Electrowave
Zwei Haufen Und Halb
|3.||Jan 19, 2013:||Music Casserole
|6.||Jan 05, 2013:||Music Casserole
Fascinating concept album from Homme. This collaboration between German techno & Polish cello artists has produced an album that is exotic, unlike anything I've heard. The effect of the cello automatically gives each track a haunted feel. The impact of the cello on the dance-y tracks somehow softens their punch and lends to more listenability rather than booty-shaking. The strongest tracks are #3 (Ein Haufen), #6 (Drei Haufen), and the otherwordly #8 (Woods).
1. Dubby ambient track that establishes the basic framework for the next track, with a folksy melody that sounds like a harmonica and some strings
2. An earthy & organic track that's more sensual and listenable rather than dancey. Soft & folksy melodies with what seems like a harmonica, then some cello improvisational work.
3. Dub-inflected house beats with electroacoustic crackling effects and fascinating cello work. The cello features strongly here, and takes this track to interesting heights.
4. Out-there ambient conceptual track. The cello has a ghostly & insistent feel, and the electronics & percussion add even more spookiness.
5. Using the framework from #4, we have some beats, but they are secondary to the main focus of the track, which is the sinister cello & spooky electronics.
6. Spacey and warm techno, with a sensuality that is carried by the cello. Flowing synth washes and a thumping beat sets the foundation for a nice dance track.
7. Musically, this is done in an electro-disco style, but the cello and electronic effects take this into something else unexplainable.
8. Broken-beat exotic funk. Cellos give it an interesting touch, but the otherworldly string effects actually provide a spooky medieval Japanese feel.
|1.||Mountains: Prolegomena||5.||Zwei Haufen Und Halb|
|3.||Ein Haufen||7.||Vier Haufen|