|Oliveros, Pauline & Jesse Stewart / Dunrobin Session, The|
|Album:||Dunrobin Session, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Oliveros, Pauline & Jesse Stewart||Added:||01/2013|
|Add Date:||2013-03-31||Pull Date:||2013-06-03|
|Week Ending:||28 Apr||7 Apr|
|1.||Apr 27, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Apr 02, 2013:||Pumping Tires |
|2.||Apr 06, 2013:||Music Casserole |
Pauline Oliveros & Jesse Stew / Dunrobin Sessions|
Reviewed by Giancarlo M
Accordion and drum kit, playing avant garde formless jam-sessions. Not particularly tonal, but a lot of ambience using metallic percussion and electronic aspects of accordion.
Favorites: Lurch, Paint
1. (3:03) Drop – Noodling on drum set with some jangly percussion, sometimes atonal noodling in accordion.
2. (3:37) Caress – Some interesting ambient noises (scraping), accompanied by bass notes on accordion.
3. (3:19) Breathe – Lower register accordion noodling, drum improv (not as jangly).
4. *(7:14) Lurch – Harmonically interesting, different types of ambience and metal/percussion sounds.
5. (3:51) Touch – Atonal noodling from both instruments, interesting panning between L and R channels.
6. *(4:09) Paint - Cool rhythms from percussion with accordion drones and other ambience.
7. (4:15) Pound – Synth-vocal sounds on accordion, drum and accordion noodling behind that.
8. (5:02) Feel – Ambient sounds, saxophone sound synth playing over, some metallic percussion.
9. (2:03) Sleep – Long, somewhat dissonant chords with relatively laid back drum noodling in the background.
10. (8:35) Leap – Metallic percussion sounds (ringing bells and bowls) with complex mixes of chords. Barely any drums.
11. (6:50) Crawl – Only really busy towards the end, mainly most of the same though (drum/accordion noodling, metallic ambience).