|People's Temple, The / More For The Masses|
|Album:||More For The Masses||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||People's Temple, The||Added:||Jan 2013|
|Add Date:||2013-02-26||Pull Date:||2013-04-28|
|Week Ending:||Apr 28||Apr 21||Apr 14||Apr 7||Mar 31||Mar 24||Mar 17||Mar 10|
|1.||May 21, 2013:||Home Free |
|4.||Apr 17, 2013:||Minding The Gap |
|2.||Apr 25, 2013:||Daydream Disaster |
House Of Fools
|5.||Apr 11, 2013:||Daydream Disaster |
|3.||Apr 20, 2013:||Uncle Steve's Dance Party |
|6.||Apr 09, 2013:||Home Free |
House Of Fools
Fuzzy lo-fi psyched out rock & roll with a somewhat inconsistent vocal identity that sometimes verges on Brit-pop. |
Second full-length LP from two sets of brothers out of Lansing, Michigan on Chicago’s Hozac Records. This album is a big ol’ reminder that guitar music is surviving these days by riding the nostalgia wave. But hey, nostalgia is fun and they definitely crank it out on this album.
No FCCs detected. Most songs have a 15 second fade out.
1. (2:29) Punchy, carried by bass. Manly 70’s vibe, grunts.
2. (2:31) Poppy, upbeat. Changes pace about a minute in – slows down, psychs out, a scream – then back to poppy.
3. (3:23) New wave feel, but upbeat with poppy guitar. Slows down at – 0:30
4. (1:41) Harmonica, jangle. Noise outro at – 0:15
5. ** (2:13) Up-tempo garage, tambourine and piano.
6. * (2:52) Talky vocals that remind me of The Gift (VU). Ends with nonchalant, groovy psych.
7. (3:50) Slower, spacey and distorted.
8. ***(4:44) Starts out slow, then catches a nice rhythm. Interesting buried percussion. My favorite vocal personality on the album. Starts to fade out at –0:30
9. (2:39) Mid-tempo, synth and tambourine.
10. * (2:00) Sparse, slow drum beat with an easy guitar rhythm. Prominent, but fuzzed vocals.
11. (2:59) First 20 second make you think this is going to be Incense and Peppermints psych pop but it never breaks through. Hesitant vocals. Psych licks for the last minute.
12. (3:29) This song is weird. Vocals aren’t cohesive and throw me off.
13. * (3:00) Background track with sitar, gentle but full vocals.
14. (3:14) Slow and pleasant with acoustic guitar, high-pitched and echoed vocals