|Cohen, Chris / Overgrown Path|
|Add Date:||2013-03-09||Pull Date:||2013-05-12|
|Week Ending:||12 May||5 May||28 Apr||14 Apr||7 Apr||31 Mar||24 Mar||17 Mar|
|1.||Feb 10, 2022:||Daydream Disaster (rebroadcast from Mar 14, 2013) |
Caller No. 99
|4.||Sep 19, 2017:||Waste FM |
|2.||Jul 22, 2021:||The Sunset Life (rebroadcast from Apr 10, 2013) |
|5.||May 28, 2015:||The Sunset Life |
|3.||May 15, 2018:||Waste FM |
|6.||Feb 19, 2015:||The Sunset Life |
Truly lovely, summery, intimate music. These songs are subtle but incredibly catchy, much more disposed to cause an exquisite swelling of the heart than an assault on the senses. Absolute A-grade songwriting that doesn’t advertise itself as such, instead allowing you to slowly discover its beauty for yourself and let it hypnotize you. Play anything and everything, really. No FCCs.
1. (4:18)—Slow. Starts somewhat noisy. Becomes bouncy, light, piano-driven.
2. (2:30)—Beatless. Dreamy, droney, drifty. Entrancing chorus.
3. (3:43)—Mid-tempo. Floats along, buoyed by liquid guitars. Lilting chorus.
4. (3:35)—Perky, medium-fast beat. Feels like an idyllic sonic imitation of the rollercoaster rides Cohen sings about. Soft harmonies.
5. (4:10)—Slow and soft. Acoustic rhythm guitar, electric leads. An absolutely killer chorus wafts in like a breeze.
6. (4:05)—Mid-tempo. Warm, piano-driven, catchy. Probably the most straight-ahead pop song here.
7. (3:09)—Very slow. A psychedelic lullaby through and through, down to its woozy, glimmering instrumentation.
8. (3:59)—Starts slow, expansive, trippy. Abruptly shifts into a fast, lightly driving, blissful slice of pop. And what a chorus!
9. (3:47)—Very slow. Melancholy, smooth shifts among major and minor chords. At a garden ball this could soundtrack the last dance of the night, couples slow dancing among the flowers.
|3.||Caller No. 99||7.||Inside A Seashell|
|4.||Rollercoaster Rider||8.||Don't Look Today|