|Toro Y Moi / Anything In Return|
|Album:||Anything In Return||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Toro Y Moi||Added:||Feb 2013|
|Add Date:||2013-04-14||Pull Date:||2013-06-16|
|Week Ending:||Jun 16||Jun 9||Jun 2||May 26||May 19||May 12||May 5||Apr 28|
|1.||Nov 01, 2018:||Jams Run Free |
|4.||Oct 04, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
|2.||Jul 05, 2017:||All Passion No Technique |
So Many Details
|5.||Aug 11, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
|3.||Nov 15, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
Say That, Harm In Change
|6.||Jun 18, 2016:||The Offbeat Fill |
The third full-length release from Chaz Bundick’s indie-pop project Toro Y Moi. Lots of chillwave vibes with sensual electronic elements and a bit of R&B. Bundick now lives in Berkeley, but just because he’s a “local,” doesn’t mean that he wants to do a KZSU interview with you at Treasure Island. (Because he doesn’t.) But it’s cool. You gotta do what you gotta do. |
I must admit that I wasn’t all that impressed with his first two albums, but this one really shines.
RIYL: Young Magic, Neon Indian, Dam Funk, Twin Shadow, Washed Out
*1. Skipping piano-laden bass beat, gyrating riffs, great smooth vocals.
*2. Dancey, bouncy. Instantly catchy.
3. Mellow, a bit funky with 80’s synth lines and a bit of 8-bit.
4. Driving electro beat with light keyboards and sparse vocals.
5. Loungy and minimalist with a heavy bassline and chopped up vocal samples.
6. Midtempo metallic beat with staccato high hats and a bit of piano. Suave sincere vocals.
7. Poppy chillwave with light airy guitar plucking.
8. Mellow R&B cruiser with sunny keyboard accents and a retro vibe.
9. Sounds just like a long-lost FutureSex/LoveSounds B-side, complete with the Timbaland knockoff beat. Pretty cool though.
*10. Electro-saturated chillwave. Bright sunny vibes with chipper vocals.
11. Smooth minimalist indiepop with crooned vocals, upfront 808 drum machines and Vangelis synthlines.
12. Big, overproduced 70’s electrofunk sound with echoed vocals and excellent percussion elements.
13. Bubbly synth pop with a deep gyrating bassline.
|1.||Harm In Change||7.||Studies|
|2.||Say That||8.||High Living|
|3.||So Many Details||9.||Grown Up Calls|
|13.||How's It Wrong|