|Ethernet / Opus 2|
|Add Date:||2013-02-16||Pull Date:||2013-04-21||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||21 Apr||14 Apr||7 Apr||24 Mar||10 Mar||3 Mar||24 Feb|
|1.||Thu, 02 Jan 14:||miss information|
Top 30 X of 2013 part ii
|4.||Tue, 16 Apr 13:||DJ Moon Buddy|
|2.||Fri, 19 Apr 13:||Lestrygonian + friends??|
|5.||Thu, 11 Apr 13:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|3.||Thu, 18 Apr 13:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life (Crescendo)
|6.||Wed, 10 Apr 13:||miss information|
Northern Californian Tim Gray’s second release for Kranky is an ever-elongating path through the murky, unsettling depths of synthesized sound. Retro-sounding synths populate these pieces, but here they are in the service of cavernous and insular sonic worlds. If you tend to like the atmospheric intros of songs more than the songs themselves, give this a spin. Play any. No words, no FCCs.
1. (7:53)—Mixture of soft and granulated synth sounds. Slow, pulsing bass tones and electro hi-hat. Walking forever down a faintly lit hallway in an eighties movie.
2. (7:39)—Soft, mid-tempo, pulsing heartbeat. Chillier, more ominous.
3. (10:10)—Synths humming like insects, dark drones, wind-like noises. Soft, high-pitched, dissonant tones. A faint beat.
4. (10:53)—Warm tones, waves on the shore. Granulated synth sounds.
5. (7:25)—Eerie. Heavy use of synth hit-hat. Reminds me of Chromatics.
6. (13:33)—Layers and layers of drones piled on top of one another. Very, very light percussion that sounds like someone far away walking through dried leaves.