|Add Date:||2013-02-26||Pull Date:||2013-04-28|
|Week Ending:||Apr 21||Mar 31|
|1.||Apr 15, 2013:||"no way to say" 0011
|3.||Feb 20, 2013:||The Red Wheelbarrow
Word, Civics, My Grandmother, That You Go On, Storm Window, Birdman, Fall, Florida, Calmly Grass Becomes A Wave, Opera
|2.||Mar 30, 2013:||Music Casserole
At Play In My Garden On A Sunday Morning
FCC: 1, 4, 5
1. FCC Smooth blurred-out singing and bluesy instrumentation accompanying a poem called “Boobs are Real.”
*2. Midtempo acoustic guitar and D.A. Powell crooning. RIYL Elliott Smith.
*3. Midtempo, sparse guitarwork with great percussion. Mechanical sounding.
4. FCC Dreamy, with lutes, ukulele.
5. FCC Strummy Wilco-rock.
6. Gentle piano ballad.
7. Lush acoustic number. Reminds me a lot of Elliott Smith.
8. Bright and sunny, almost poppy, with electric guitar and a nice full sound.
*9. Somber flutes, smooth pleasant vocals. Great melodies.
10. A bit more “traditionally-sounding” spoken word. Slow and deliberate with a bit of xylophone and some electric guitar.
*11. Great orchestral intro leads into a cheerful reading of a Mary Ruefile poem.
12. Slow, brooding.
*13. Far-out poem with a really interesting xylophone accompaniment. Explodes into a traditional rock number at the end.
14. Shimmery, slow and deliberate. Lots of moody backing vocals.
15. Slow ballad with gentle strings.
16. Slow, layered opera vocals.
*17. Leisurely spoken word with a subdued brass section. Great vocals.
*18. Mashup of acapella singing, xylophone, and snippits of a fierce drum breakbeat. Switches back and forth between each different style—definitely a standout track.
19. Lighthearted. Vocal harmonies, a bit of a barbershop quartet thing, airy keyboard, and a laughtrack.
20. Deep cello, guitar strumming, slow pained vocals.
21. Bright eyes fans rejoice. Deep and soul-churning. With a great strings part.
22. Midtempo rock with innumerable instrumental layers and a full sound.
|1.||Boobs Are Real||12.||That You Go On|
|2.||Chia Pet Cemetary||13.||My Grandmother|
|3.||At Play In My Garden On A Sunday Morning||14.||Civics|
|5.||Pennsylvania||16.||John Lomax: I Work With Negroes|
|6.||Opera||17.||From An Island|
|7.||Calmly Grass Becomes A Wave||18.||Last Words|
|8.||Florida||19.||Brother Poem No. 1|
|9.||Fall||20.||For A Chinese Poet Writing Through The Night Up On Mt. Pollux|
|11.||Storm Window||22.||Book Of Life|