|Ducktails / Flower Lane, The|
|Album:||Flower Lane, The||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Domino Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2013-04-06||Pull Date:||2013-06-09|
|Week Ending:||9 Jun||2 Jun||26 May||19 May||12 May||5 May||28 Apr||21 Apr|
|1.||Thu, 03 May 18:||Sophie|
|4.||Thu, 27 Apr 17:||JaDaPaKa|
Music for Misfits
|2.||Thu, 17 Aug 17:||agent scully|
|5.||Thu, 02 Oct 14:||Skipper|
|3.||Thu, 01 Jun 17:||JaDaPaKa|
Music for Misfits
|6.||Thu, 06 Jun 13:||Emma.|
Sunflower Sutra: Home
Woozy, dreamy, lo-fi indie-rock from Matt Mondanile, the guitarist of Real Estate. On The Flower Lane, his first solo release on a major label, Mondanile shifts from his bedroom pop roots to embrace a much fuller sound with guest contributions from the likes of Cults, Big Troubles, Outer Limitz, and Oneohtrix Point Never. Also of note: this album was produced by Al Carlson, who worked on the last Peaking Lights and Oneohtrix Point Never albums. |
RIYL: Real Estate, Destroyer, Ariel Pink, Atlas Sound, Woods
1. Washed-out guitar with chill vocals. Very relaxed.
2. Title track. Slower tempo, a bit more serious tone. Great string accompaniment.
*3. Strummy 70’s retro vibe with soft vocals and sunny melodies. Standout guitar and sax solos.
4. Big bouncy riffs, rolling piano. Blistering 1-minute guitar solo at the end.
*5. Deadpan vocals, shimmering guitars, steady percussion.
*6. Excellent layered instrumentation with delicious synth and glam-rock guitar. Bouncy bass and washed out vocals.
7. Midtempo with beautiful female vox courtesy of Madeline Follin of Cults.
8. Instrumental. Lots of chill distorted guitars, and zany retro synth.
*9. Dream collaboration track featuring Jess Farkas (Future Shuttle and Daniel Lopatin (Oneohtrix Point Never) on synth. Definitely one of the album standouts.
10. Strummy acoustic guitars, woozy guitar riffs panning back and forth. Vocals are a little iffy, but there’s lots of cool stuff going on with delay pedals.
|1.||Ivy Covered House||6.||Assistant Director|
|2.||The Flower Lane||7.||Sedan Magic|
|3.||Under Cover||8.||International Date Line|
|4.||Timothy Shy||9.||Letter Of Intent|
|5.||Planet Phrom||10.||Academy Avenue|