Album: While I'm Alive
Poppy electronica from Portland. Third album. Sweet baselines, distorted vocals/ vocals that are similar to Of Montreal. Many songs on the album are melancholic or sound slightly depressed. If you like indie pop thats not vocal centered, but also has hawt male vocals, play dees.
Picks: 1, 3, 10, 11, 14
*1. (3:48) Laidback electro pop with shakers, synths.
2. (3:25) Slower, bleepy- bloopy synth pop. Slightly pained male vox
*3. (3:34) Uptempo, keyboards, prominent bass guitar, synths. Some bleeps too!
4. (2:10) Day dreaming song, drums, bass guitar. Beachy. Ends 3 seconds early
5. (0:53) Claps, acoustic guitar, "awing" vocals
6. (2:12) Driving guitars, synths, bass guitar, sounds > words. Repetitive.
7. (2:05) Upbeat, happy, easy going, cute.
8. (3:59) Shimmers, feels like the morning after a sad night, but still uptempo.
9. (4:24) Synths, bleep/bloops, midtempo, melancholic
*10. (2:29) Uptempo, keyboards, heavy synth usage, exciting song!
*11. (3:15) Driving funky bass guitar and drums, break up song.
12. (3:33) Cheesy make out song. From the 80's.
13. (2:55) Laidback, melancholic silver lining kind of song. Slower, but still midtempo. Shakers
*14. (4:43) Shimmers, noise-y, weird sounds, snare drum, bass leading. Midtempo
15. (7:12) Lots of cool sounds. Ambient with drums, guitar, bass. Drone for last 1:20