|Egyptian Project / Ya Amar|
|Label:||Six Degrees Records|
|Add Date:||2013-03-16||Pull Date:||2013-05-19||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||19 May||12 May||5 May||28 Apr||21 Apr||14 Apr||24 Mar|
|1.||Feb 21, 2019:||Cafe Nakhil |
Ya Amar, Takasim Salama
|4.||Mar 17, 2015:||Arabology |
|2.||Jan 12, 2019:||global sounds |
|5.||Nov 07, 2013:||Arabology |
|3.||Jun 07, 2018:||Melange |
|6.||Jul 04, 2013:||The Doldrummer |
A very cool mix of traditional Egyptian music with an infusion of hip hop, electronica, and pop. Some songs sound strictly traditional. Others show modern cultural influences. The vocals are especially powerful.|
1. Slow stringed into that can lead straight into #2. Classical, rich.
*2. Great soaring male vocals, drum. Starts slow then picks up. Yes!
*3. Wonderful percussion kicks into modern electrica, upbeat and cool.
4. Solo vox & hand claps. Perc, then a nice meld of sounds. Mid/up.
5. Slow traditional solo flute.
6. Electronic-based mid/up blend w/contemporary vocals.
*7. Modern electric-based, mid/upbeat and nicely stylish.
8. Short drone of a traditional flute, slow & dramatic.
9. Starts with spoken word, then upbeat & modern soaring touches.
10. Live track w/applause. Mostly slow and traditional.
|1.||Takasim Salama||6.||Ya Sahbi|
|5.||Kawala Time||10.||Roughi (Live)|