|Mostly Other People Do The Killing / Slippery Rock|
|Artist:||Mostly Other People Do The Killing||Added:||03/2013|
|Add Date:||2013-03-16||Pull Date:||2013-05-19||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||19 May||12 May||5 May||14 Apr||7 Apr||31 Mar||24 Mar|
|1.||May 30, 2017:||Waste FM |
Yo, Yeo, Yough, President Polk
|4.||May 10, 2013:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Paul's Journey To Opp
|2.||Jan 02, 2016:||Music Casserole |
Can't Tell Thipp From Shohola
|5.||May 07, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
Dexter, Wayne And Mobley
|3.||May 16, 2013:||Rebop |
Sayre, Can't Tell Thipp For Shohola
|6.||May 04, 2013:||Music Casserole |
The 5th studio album by this versatile quartet featuring compositions by bassist/band leader Moppa Elliot. Several elements appear throughout this diverse collection of tunes, including rhythmic displacement and lyrical melodies. There’s a lot of jazz anarchy here, with the breakdown of rigid structural, wild changes of tempo, and an anything-can-happen air of vibrancy.|
1. Mid/upbeat w/wonderful squinky/sqwanky bits from brass. Fun.
*2. Starts slow with a mellow air that leads to total chaos.
*3. Down/uptempo w/maze-like thread from smooth to modern.
4. High registers and a slow/mid tempo. Because any ode to President Polk deserves piccolo trumpet and soprano sax.
*5. High energy free for all with each member getting time to shine
6. Horns and drums interlocking & knotting up, mid/upbempo.
7. Upbeat with two melodic themes and three triadic vamps. Yow.
*8. Fun and unpredictable w/wild horn trills and drum solos.
9. Begins w/fuzzy bits, gets even more unpredictable, slower end.
|1.||Hearts Content||5.||Yo, Yeo, Yough|
|2.||Can't Tell Thipp From Shohola||6.||Dexter, Wayne And Mobley|
|4.||President Polk||8.||Paul's Journey To Opp|
|9.||Is Granny Spry?|