|Youth Lagoon / Wondrous Bughouse|
|Label:||Fat Possum Records|
|Add Date:||2013-03-16||Pull Date:||2013-05-19|
|Week Ending:||19 May||12 May||5 May||28 Apr||21 Apr||14 Apr||7 Apr||31 Mar|
|1.||Aug 11, 2022:||Zootopia |
|4.||May 25, 2014:||Everything. |
|2.||Mar 13, 2015:||Distractions |
|5.||Apr 27, 2014:||Everything. |
|3.||Jun 08, 2014:||Everything. |
|6.||Jan 02, 2014:||KZSU Top 100 of 2013 |
|DJ Moon Buddy|
Genre: Dream Pop, Noise Pop|
Similar artists: Atlas Sound, Washed Out, Alt-J, Of Montreal, Blackbright Morning Light
Second album from 23 year old Trevor Powers. His first album was disarmingly honest, but young in its production. This effort is more polished due to production help from Ben H. Allen (Deerhunter, Washed Out). The polish seems to remove some of the magic, though. All vocals are very fuzzed out - difficult to make out many of the words. No FCCs. (Reviewed: 3/9/2013)
1. 2:32 - Random cacophonous sounds gradually fuzz into a peaceful intro track.
** 2. 5:59 - Lovely repetitive instrumentals give way to fuzzed out vocals. Anthemic chorus comes in around 2:00. 20 seconds at the end can be faded out.
3. 3:52 - Plodding instrumentals with Of Montreal-ish vocals. Feels like I'm at a carnival.
4. 4:48 - Slow introductory vocals build until 2:00 and are joined by quiet guitar line and keys.
5. 5:08 - BML-ish intro with high fuzzed out vocals. Song builds and quickens starting at 1:00. "It's not you, it's all in your head." Minute long wrap up.
* 6. 5:57 – Repetition of "You'll never die" as intro – gradually building keys with angsty male vocals.
7. 5:35 - Dreamy, lovely, slow instrumentals with difficult to discern vocals. Builds starting at 2:00.
* 8. 5:02 – Quick guitar strum intro with slightly more optimistic vocals.
** 9. 6:41 – Very chariots of fire. 1:30 in and I’m off, running into the sunset. Fewer vocals on this track.
10. 5:20 - Fluttery opening with angsty vocals. Not terribly radio friendly.
DJ Moon Buddy
|1.||Through Mind And Back||6.||Dropla|
|3.||Attic Doctor||8.||Third Dystopia|
|4.||The Bath||9.||Raspberry Cane|