|Minilogue / Blomma|
|Add Date:||2013-04-28||Pull Date:||2013-06-30||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||30 Jun||16 Jun||2 Jun||26 May||19 May||12 May||5 May|
|1.||Fri, 04 May 18:||Planned Obsolescence|
The Offbeat Generation
|4.||Mon, 27 May 13:||Uncle Steve|
Feral Kittens Run Amok
|2.||Wed, 26 Jun 13:||Mayjahn|
|5.||Tue, 21 May 13:||David L.|
The Red Wheelbarrow
|3.||Wed, 12 Jun 13:||Mayjahn|
|6.||Mon, 20 May 13:||Jack|
The Big Love Show
Minilogue: Blomma: Label: Cocoon|
(KZSU advance copy)
Is there such a thing as a techno "concept album"? Minilogue is a Swedish Duo, Marcus Henriksson and Sebastian Mullaert, and they've set out to produce what I think is the first experiment in a techno "concept" album. Rather than produce individual dance tracks for DJs to mix in & out of, each song is a unique "composition" or "techno symphony". The 2-CD result is amazing. There are a few pieces that feature beats, and other pieces that are sci-fi, electronic-experimentation.
Dance music heads: Try #1, #2.
Experimental DJs: Try #3, #6 (42 min long!), #8.
1. (21:00) - Begins with a liquid-organic ambience, some dialogue snippets, leads into a second half that builds into a shimmering and warm bath of beats and bubbles.
2. (18:06) - Gorgeous symphony of warm psychedelia, with the essence of birds, exotic wind chimes, and a beat to keep it going all the way through.
3. (12:22) - Vangelis should have done THIS one for "Blade Runner" 30 years ago, I swear it. The track picks up in tempo but all the while a bit dystopian like any good sci-fi soundtrack.
4. (13:58) - The clubbiest track so far, has a distinct funky house bassline to it, but the wonderful exotic synth experimentation remains
5. (8:52) - The shortest track on the EP is a warm, meandering, thought-provoking ambient-jazz number.
6. (42:00) - This epic piece is an album in itself - a 40min+ exercise in ambience, organic sounds mixed with digital explorations, synths, etc. It takes nearly 30 minutes to produce a danceable beat. Amazing, nonetheless.
7. (16:49) - Downtempo chill-jazz mostly. Very exotic, mysterious vibe.
8. (9:17) - Wonderful shimmering ambience. Very lush, eminently listenable.
|1.||Everything Is All You've Got||5.||Nor Coming Nor Going|
|2.||Atoms With Curiosity That Looks At Itself And Wonders Why It Wonders||6.||E De Nan Hemma|
|3.||Forgotten Memories||7.||Mellan Landet|
|4.||Existensberattigande||8.||Evaporerar Ut Fran Sitt Gamstalle|