|Apricot Rail / Quarrels|
|Add Date:||2013-05-13||Pull Date:||2013-07-15|
|Week Ending:||7 Jul||30 Jun||16 Jun||9 Jun||2 Jun||26 May||19 May|
|1.||Fri, 19 Jul 13:||scuttle_toes|
|4.||Fri, 28 Jun 13:||Francis D|
Songsmith Show (Time Traveler Sitting In)
|2.||Fri, 05 Jul 13:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told To Hervey Okkles
|5.||Fri, 14 Jun 13:||Francis D|
|3.||Fri, 05 Jul 13:||scuttle_toes|
|6.||Thu, 06 Jun 13:||Lestrygonian|
Recorded in a farmhouse in the Australian country, this Perth group’s second album evokes a wide-open space and yet feels intimate and isolated. This is not your apocalyptic post-rock gloom, nor is it the epic soundtrack to some as-yet unmade action movie. This is something much more personable and playful, a musical friend for a sunny day. Brass and woodwind instruments join the usual rock instrumentation. Favorites: 1, 3, 4 + 5, 8, 12. Mostly instrumental, all FCC clean.
1. *(5:09)—Gentle, melancholy, autumnal. First half has a slowcore feel. Second half speeds up and reaches a gorgeous climax.
2. (4:45)— Slow, glitchy but mild electronic beat. Soft drones and chimes. Calm and cheery.
3. *(6:35)—Begins with guitar strumming and singing. Segues into slow, serene post-rock meandering. Choral vocals enter near the end.
4. *(3:19)—Slow lullaby-like beginning and ending, with a mid-tempo passage in the middle. Fades into track 5.
5. *(2:58)—Continuation of track 4. Drifting, entrancing beginning. Mid-tempo drums return in the second half.
6. (2:32)—High-pitched guitar picking. Mish-mash of swirling melodies. Various percussion types.
7. (4:14)—Slow, evening waltz. Takes on a sparer, more ghostly sound in the second half.
8. *(4:56)—Medium-slow, very light but driving percussion. Music for the most peaceful segments of a day’s journey.
9. (1:48)—Intertwining of guitar picking and chimes. Soft beat.
10. (2:32)—Mid-tempo, clicking percussion. Keyboard blips and drones.
11. (0:54)—Lo-fi beat, synth sounds.
12. *(4:47)—Slow, pensive, a bit darker. Jazzy rhythm, chimes. Speeds up in the second half.
|1.||Basket Press||7.||Third Ballroom|
|2.||Another Roof, Another Proof||8.||Surry Hills|
|3.||Running With An Egg On A Spoon||9.||Pictionary|
|4.||Cicadas Lay Eggs In Her Ears||10.||Eked|
|5.||Cicadas...Part Two||11.||The Sunlight Experiments|
|6.||Ibis Snowstorm||12.||Dore Strauch|