|Piotr, Derek / Raj|
|Add Date:||2014-01-17||Pull Date:||2014-03-21||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|1.||Sat, 17 Jan 15:||Eme O|
Third solo album by this electroacoustic musician born in Poland and working in New England. This is very frenetic, like a grittier take on IDM—lots of very short, intense loops. Focus on vocal manipulation. Favorites: 5, 7, 8, 10. No FCCs.|
1. (2:21)—Slow. Muffled beat, glitchy vocals, organ, bells.
2. (4:13)—Fast. Looped vocal glitch is the hook. Woozy bass synth. Wind sounds. Fades into track three.
3. (2:20)—Mid-tempo, industrial. Noise, feedback, thumping beat.
4. (3:06)—Slow. Goes almost toward crooning—James Blake in a washing machine.
5. *(6:08)—Slow, dark, almost funky. Overlaid vocals. Crackling noise. Lots of jarring transitions.
6. (3:06)—Bells, chimes, whooshing sounds. A mid-tempo four-on-the-floor beat appears halfway through.
7. *(2:57)— Slow, minimal. The dissonant, multi-tracked vocals and use of empty space remind me a lot of Liars.
8. *(2:23)—Mid-tempo, moody. Warm tones, crooning vocals.
9. (2:53)—Mid-tempo, subdued. Crackling noise, very glitchy vocals.
10. *(2:43)—Slow. Like a broken piano record and a broken R&B record playing at the same time.
|4.||Karakum||9.||Sand Defacing All Surfaces|
|5.||Defilada (Clubhook)||10.||Flow Through Light|