|Various Artists / Khat Thaleth (Third Rail)|
|Album:||Khat Thaleth (Third Rail)||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2013-04-28||Pull Date:||2013-06-30||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||23 Jun||16 Jun||9 Jun||2 Jun||19 May||12 May||5 May|
|1.||Tue, 03 Feb 15:||Ramzi Salti|
|4.||Sat, 22 Jun 13:||Eme O|
|2.||Tue, 13 Jan 15:||Ramzi Salti|
|5.||Thu, 13 Jun 13:||Ramzi Salti|
|3.||Thu, 13 Feb 14:||Ramzi Salti|
|6.||Thu, 13 Jun 13:||Abu Ramses|
Khat Thaleth or “Third Rail” is a project that has gathered a broad cross-section of the most conscious and innovative Arab hip hop artists from the Middle East and Diaspora to give them a platform for free expression about the ongoing revolutionary changes in the region. The CD includes 23 tracks and diverse artists from Tunisia, Jordan, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon and more. |
FCC Clean except for track 11
**My faves: 8, 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 23
1. Min Al Awal (From the Beginning)/ Touffar 3:56 Lyrics about the result of the Arab Spring. Pessimistic and critical.
2. Sharq Awsat Jdeed (New Middle East)/ Zeinedin, Narcicyst, Lethal Skillz, Bashir Saade 2:21 A joint effort by 4 accomplished Hip Hop artists
3. Soura (Picture) Rami GB 3:31 Intro in classical Arabic; about betrayal.
4. Il Haal (The Situation) Yaseen 1:44 Broaches Palestinian traitors.
5. Baladi (Country Style) LaTlateh 3:14 Steady beat with lyrics about Syria
6. Harra (The Street) El Far3i, Lethal Skillz 2:54 A cry against corrupt systems and the youth of today.
7. Souret Sourya (Chapter of Syria) El Rass + Hamorabi 2:41 A ‘sura’ is a chapter in the Quran. Used here subversively.
8. **Salam (Peace) Armada Bizerta 3:17 Sexy beginning, leads to a cry for peace and freedom in the Arab world.
9. **Toyour Tha'ira (Revolutionary Birds) Abdullah Miniawy, Fadi El Khoury 2:51 Soothing Oud intro, Lamentation. Lyrics in classical Arabic.
10. **`Aleh (Parasite) Maqdesi 3:21 Against politicians and living in illusions.
11. !!!Ezaz Mathoun (Ground Glass) Bu Kulthoum, Zeinedin, Stickfiggr, Raed El Khazen 3:11 Interesting musical intro. Profane lyrics.
12. Dam Ou Zeytoun (Blood and Olives) Al Haqq, Stickfiggr 2:23 Scratchy vinyl; speaks about hashish, burning one’s rights, and starting anew.
13. Oumat El Zulum (Nation of Injustice) RAS 3:09 A song against Syria’s Assad regime and against imperialism.
14. Kursi E'tiraf (Interrogation Chair) Tamer Naffar + Al Sayyed Darwish 2:32 The former is from the Palestinian group DAM remixed with Al Sayyed’s vocals.
15. Ya Haif (Oh Shameful) Touffar 3:19 Mawal (lamentation) inserted between the lyrics makes this track stand out.
16. **Ya Deeb (Oh Wolf) Al Sayyed Darwish + El Rass 3:27 An old Lebanese song, revived, remixed, radicalized; followed by new lyrics.
17. **Taht el Soor (Under the Rampart) Armada Bizerta, Yosra 3:50 Mellow beginning; Tunisian Hip Hop combining Bizerta’s vocals with Yosra’s haunting chants.
18. **Boov (Boov) LaTlateh, Hiba 3:04 Features female vocalist Hiba.
19. Ramadi (Gray) Asifeh 2:03 Samples familiar Arabic music that loops while integrating calls to prayer and the sound of the nay (reed).
20. **Foosh (Float) El Rass, Bashir Saade 3:17 The only track on this CD mixed by Jana Saleh. Samples the popular “Houwara” traditional Lebanese song.
21. Ana El Sha'b (I am the People) Mohamad Antar 1:03 Powerful lyrics about the presence of the People everywhere despite governments.
22. Rad Al Sha'b (The People's Response) Al Haqq 2:24 Interesting looping vocals; noise, deliberately annoying track.
23. **Janna Janna (Heaven Heaven) El Far3i + El Rass 4:22Min Al Awal (From the Beginning) Touffar 3:56 Samples a popular old song about one’s homeland being like heaven then introduces new lyrics about being in hell.