|Hunt, Rollin / Phoney, The|
|Artist:||Hunt, Rollin||Added:||Jun 2013|
|Add Date:||2014-07-04||Pull Date:||2014-09-05|
|Week Ending:||Sep 7||Aug 31||Jul 13|
|1.||Sep 02, 2014:||Eclectic Erudition |
Trail Of Tears
|3.||Jul 09, 2014:||Meow After Midnight |
In The Window
|2.||Aug 26, 2014:||Eclectic Erudition week 09 |
Cosmic Indie Pop. First hi-fi LP from lo-fi bedroom studio sort from Chicago, created with assistance from multi-instrumentalist Doni Schroader. Organic, synthy, acoustic, electric. Guitar, bass, drums, low/depressed voice, orchestral elements, etc.. Quietish, mostly downbeat songs. No FCCs detected. Faves: 2,4,9 ~eme o.|
1. Beautiful Park (3:45) Slow, soft. Low voice, guitar, synths (spacey sounds).
2. In the Window (1:40) Mid-slow. Marching drum, high voice, clacking percussion, winds, strings,
3. Criminal (3:33) Slow, lullaby rhythm, resonating bass. Voice dropped back in the mix. ~0:57 beat jumps up, gets dancey. Synth sounds like cars zooming by. ~2:40 slow-down, mid-tempo, quavery and ethereal.
4. You (3:17) Slow (too slow). Drums enter to pick up the pace. Moody doo-wop. ~1:40 uplifting flutes. Anxious violins.
5. Separate Ways (3:20) Slow, pleading. Acoustic guitar. ~1:00 flute enters, backing choir. ~1:44, rising volume, sound goes from thin to full, orchestral rock. Electric guitar, tinkling something.
6. Castle of Nothing (2:49) Slowish. Fuzzy guitar, bassline a bit like the MASH theme. Handclaps. Whistling. Ends ~8 secs early.
7. New Years (2:14) Mid-tempo. Guitar a bit Vampire Weekend (or like the Kids in the Hall theme). Bass a bit beachy. ~1:20 mood picks up, guitar starts to fly (close to the ground).
8. Shooter (2:57) Ambient intro, organ. Bouncing-ball bass joined by staccato organ chord. ~1:15 synths enter, filling aural gaps. Sound thins out, then fills out again. ~2:40, machine gun fire, ends with war sounds.
9. Husband (2:47) Slow, bass. F harmony vox. ~1:10 higher sounds enter, crescendo, guitar. A depressed exhortation to stand by one’s man.
10. Trail of Tears (3:01) Slow, High-ish voice, strummy guitar. Moments of sparkling synth. F harmony. Gentle 50s-ish sway. Fades to silence ~2:19.
11. ___________ (1:31) Silence first ~10 secs. Voice enters, soon later followed by orchestra. Least depressing track. In fact, this is actually a bit uplifting. Ends suddenly.
|1.||Beautiful Park||6.||Castle Of Nothing|
|2.||In The Window||7.||New Years|
|5.||Seperate Ways||10.||Trail Of Tears|