|Sigur Ros / Kveikur|
|Add Date:||2013-08-18||Pull Date:||2013-10-20|
|Week Ending:||20 Oct||13 Oct||6 Oct||29 Sep||15 Sep||8 Sep||1 Sep||25 Aug|
|1.||Nov 28, 2014:||Killer Yellow |
|4.||May 11, 2014:||Everything. |
|2.||Sep 11, 2014:||Amber Waves |
|5.||Jan 21, 2014:||Setting Fire to the Lab |
|3.||May 18, 2014:||Everything. |
|6.||Jan 07, 2014:||Meow: The Best Of 2013 |
These guys are the patron saints of post rock, and this is the 9th full length we've added to our stash . It is more menacing than anything I've heard -- they put out a sound that presses you back against the closest wall and then teases you with meaningful lyrics in Icelandic. You may never know what they mean, but you want the answer.|
1. (8:08) takes Ground Zero and transforms it to a dance floor. Single.
2. (3:20) percussive brilliance bookends this anthem Slow.
3. (5:06) minor key storytelling over 4/4
4. (4:55) slow build on the bass - an undertow of male backward vocal sound under his odd time flow.
5. (4:58) upward spiral - starry eyed - keyboards
6. (3:20) a drone at first rhythm enters vie digital noise. not in a falsetto, -- dies in digital agony.
7. (5:01) sunrise at the bottom of the sea - synth
8. (5:14) another night, another huge stadium show! fades to dark.
9. (6:38) Instrumental acoustic piano to finalize the album. Only entirely wordless piece within.