|Mungo's Hi Fi / Forward Ever|
|Artist:||Mungo's Hi Fi||Added:||07/2013|
|Add Date:||2013-07-21||Pull Date:||2013-09-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||22 Sep||8 Sep||1 Sep||25 Aug||18 Aug||11 Aug||4 Aug||28 Jul|
|1.||Sep 22, 2013:||New World Disorder |
Scream (Featuring Yt)
|4.||Sep 15, 2013:||New World Disorder |
Gimme Gimme (Featuring Kenny Knots)
|2.||Sep 21, 2013:||Sunflower Sutra |
Boat People (Featuring Pupajim), Gimme Gimme (Featuring Kenny Knots)
|5.||Sep 01, 2013:||New World Disorder |
New York Boogie (Featuring Ranking Levy)
|3.||Sep 19, 2013:||no way to say |
Scream (Featuring Yt)
|6.||Aug 25, 2013:||New World Disorder |
Scrub A Dub Style (Featuring Sugar Minott)
Mungo’s Hi Fi – Forward Ever|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/21/13
Fantastic electronic roots Reggae and dancehall sound system crew from Glasgow. Great lineup of vocalists, fun electronics (cfx: Jahtarian Dubbers). Many musical references to familiar songs, but in a brand new stylee. Go, Glasgow!
Sadly, single FCC on the otherwise awesome tracks 13 and 15.
1. 2:57 ****tinny stuttering electronic horns, grunty downtempo skank, delightful dancehall vocals by Sugar Minott.
2. 3:27 ****downtempo, kinda funky bippity boppity riddim, lovely singing. Includes some great syndrum-heavy dub.
3. 2:47 ****midtempo groovy bubble, fun monotonal dancehall toasting.
4. 4:05 ***midtempo whoobly skank, dancehall toasting, sounds a bit like Yellowman. Amusing lyrics.
5. 4:17 ****fantastic grunty woobly upbeat skank. Lyrics seem like they’re gonna be banal, turn out to be decent social diatribe.
6. 2:36 ***early Dancehall vibe, midtempo and relaxed. Rather light in feel, but serious lyrics.
7. 4:09 ****slow grunty skank, full vocal group, revolution lyrics. Nice.
8. 4:23 ***more slow grunty stuff, gruff dancehall vocals. Woobly.
9. 4:14 ***swingy midtempo bubble, rather pop-influenced vocals by Glasgow’s top female dancehall star.
10. 3:20 *****happy, bippy downtempo bubble, fine dancehall toast.
11. 3:26 ****downtempo very electronic bubble, two fine dancehall toasters. What’s not to love?
12. 3:26 ***slow mimimalist skank, monotonal dancehall toast.
13. 4:04 FCC – “fucker” *****midtempo minimalist skank, Soom T toasting proper. Why did she have to chat an FCC? ARG!
14. 3:43 ***slow minimalist skank, monotonal dancehall toast.
15. 4:22 FCC – “fucking” ****very minimalist, pretty singing with Grime accent, turns energetic with an almost circus parade feel. Obligatory love song to pot!