|Doctor Dread / Theremin In Dub|
|Album:||Theremin In Dub||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2013-08-04||Pull Date:||2013-10-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||6 Oct||29 Sep||22 Sep||8 Sep||1 Sep||25 Aug||18 Aug||11 Aug|
|1.||Sep 30, 2013:||Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC) |
I For An Eye
|4.||Sep 15, 2013:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Sep 29, 2013:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Sep 01, 2013:||New World Technically Challenged Disorder |
|3.||Sep 22, 2013:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Aug 25, 2013:||New World Disorder |
Doctor Dread – Theremin in Dub|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/31/13
Roots Rock Reggae Dub, with THEREMIN! Let that soak into your brain cavity for a bit, and then join me in wondering why on earth no one thought of this before???
Doctor Dread is the producer who founded RAS Records, and ergo has plenty of cred, and probably a basement full of dubplates. And a THEREMIN!
No FCCs detected. Just plain great!
1. 5:20 ***downtempo bubble, wonderfully dubby and spacey and stoned, bits of “rudeboy shuffling” chorus.
2. 6:34 ***slow, ethereal and cosmical, with all sorts of good sounds, even aside from the THEREMIN!
3. 4:19 **slightly downtempo but jaunty skank, rather sparse. Fades in an out.
4. 4:05 ***sparse and deeply spooky midtempo bubble, with delightful bits of Israel Vibration and vibraclap in the mix.
5. 2:50 ***multi-layered, rather folksy skank with lots of fun noises and odd bits of vocals.
6. 4:09 ***bit of preaching, then upbeat midtempo swingy bubble. Lots of percussion
7. 6:18 **downtempo, relaxed, with some acoustic guitar – which is an interesting contrast to the theremin… Big one-drop beat after first minute. Good for zoning out to…
8. 4:29 ***delicious downtempo bounce with all sorts of weebly bits.
9. 3:36 ***midtempo, upbeat skank with a club/dance sound. Turns nicely syncopated, very swingy.
10. 3:53 ***uptempo bubble with horns, theremin sounds like a siren. A happy siren, though.
11. 2:50 ***awesome boasting intro, downtempo ska with piano and goofy shouting.
12. 5:09 ***midtempo bubble with false start, grunty bits, and a bit of sound collage.
13. 4:01 ***false start, then midtempo bubble
|1.||Shuffle Off||7.||I For An Eye|
|2.||Muchas Gracias||8.||Back To Earth|
|3.||Old School||9.||Tief Dem A Tief|
|5.||Hear My Motion||11.||Shotgun|
|13.||Back To Earth (Remixed By Dr. Dubenstein)|