|Dicicco, Tom / Under The Aquadrome (Pt. 1&2)|
|Album:||Under The Aquadrome (Pt. 1&2)||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Dicicco, Tom||Added:||Aug 2013|
|Label:||Run Out Run|
|Add Date:||2013-08-11||Pull Date:||2013-10-13||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Sep 22||Sep 15||Sep 8||Sep 1||Aug 18|
|1.||Jan 04, 2014:||Pumping Iron |
|4.||Sep 11, 2013:||BLS_TuesSub_1900-2100 |
|2.||Sep 17, 2013:||Tuesday Beats 1930-2200 |
Return To Dust
|5.||Sep 10, 2013:||BLS_SubShow_Hour03_Hour04 |
|3.||Sep 16, 2013:||The Big Love Show |
Mist Of 1807
|6.||Sep 03, 2013:||Tuesday Beats Part 01 |
Dicicco, Tom: Under The Aquadrome (Pt. 1&2)|
Dark, brooding, cold, and hard-hitting industrial techno from Northampton-based Tom Diccco. I suppose the cold English winters and post-industrial factories of the Midlands are a source of inspiration for Tom, because this is some of the bleakest techno I've heard in a while. And that's totally meant as a compliment, because I admire Tom's work and there's a lot of quality here. The most dance-y tracks are the odd-numbered ones (#1,3,5,7) ("Return to Dust", "Werk", "Physical" and "Excavation"). All of those 4 are bangin'. "Grainy Days" and "Merk" (#6, #8) are dark & brooding on the industrial side.
1. Brutal Techno, hard driving, noisy, mechanical, percussive. The way it should be. Awesome start.
2. A dark swirly atmosphere w/ a twisted little synth melody that jabs at you.
3. Bouncy & percussive tech-house. Greatly enhanced with acidic chirps that literally sound bird-like. The beats are punishing towards the end. Love this track.
4. Ambient track. Dark & spooky, heavy layers of synths.
5. Tom comes out hard in this track. Fast pumping beats, all sorts of mechanical sounds layered percussively. Solid & energetic techno.
6. Like a cold & miserable English winter freezing rain turned into a minimal techno trac. Brooding and bleak over slow deep beat.
7. Speaker-bursting beats, w/ bouncy electro effects. I like the claps as a rapid-fire tempo change.
8. It's no coincidence that this track is pronounced "Murk", it's moody, murky, dark, and gloomy. A lot of dark and dank ambient textures.
|1.||Return To Dust||5.||Physical|
|2.||Mist Of 1807||6.||Grainy Days|