|Kouyate, Bassekou & Ngoni Ba / Jama Ko|
|Artist:||Kouyate, Bassekou & Ngoni Ba||Added:||08/2013|
|Label:||Out Here Records|
|Add Date:||2013-09-01||Pull Date:||2013-11-03||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||3 Nov||27 Oct||20 Oct||29 Sep||15 Sep||8 Sep|
|1.||Fri, 25 Dec 15:||Mister Esquire|
|4.||Fri, 25 Oct 13:||Featherweight|
Fight or Flight
|2.||Sat, 02 Nov 13:||Eme O|
|5.||Sat, 19 Oct 13:||Tom D|
The Proselytizer Radio News Hour
|3.||Fri, 01 Nov 13:||Fo|
No Cover, No Minimum
|6.||Sat, 28 Sep 13:||Eme O|
A Malian Griot and ngoni superstar on a release that features a top notch African blues/funk band including rich layers of call/response vocals. Everyone is top notch and the songs are warm and full of layers of sounds. Really great stuff, every track. Plus some killer solos. Great liner notes about the performers and the tracks.|
1. Light and warm w/delicious ngoni & great call/response vocals.
2. Upbeat w/a nicely percussive bounce and rich vocals & melody.
3. Fun and lively w/husky male vox and a truly wiggly bounce. Yay!
4. Wickedly cool upbeat Afro funk w/an infectious energy.
5. Driving with soaring vocals and a compulsive percussive groove.
6. Relaxed & midtempo w/a rich chorus and tight layers of instruments.
7. Upbeat and lively with soaring vocals. Dramatic and so good.
8. E-guitar intro to head nodding Afro blues walk. Yow. Great vocals.
9. Slow and emotional w/female vocals & spoken word. Lots of drama
10. Bright and fun w/chorus & happy ngoni. Just lovely.
11. Driving Afro funk blues w/great work from all.
12. Slow Afro blues, like the Delta meets the desert. Amazingly good!
13. Trilling ngoni then midtempo vocals. Lyrical and rich.
|4.||Ne Me Fatigue Pas||10.||Segu Jajiri|
|5.||Kele Magni||11.||Poye 2|