|Cary, Marc / For The Love Of Abbey|
|Album:||For The Love Of Abbey||Collection:||Jazz|
|Add Date:||2013-09-01||Pull Date:||2013-11-03||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||3 Nov||27 Oct||20 Oct||22 Sep||15 Sep||8 Sep|
|1.||Fri, 31 Jul 15:||Be Sharp|
|4.||Thu, 21 Nov 13:||Be Sharp|
|2.||Thu, 12 Dec 13:||Be Sharp|
|5.||Thu, 31 Oct 13:||Be Sharp|
|3.||Thu, 28 Nov 13:||Be Sharp|
|6.||Thu, 24 Oct 13:||Be Sharp|
Solo piano tribute to the great Abbey Lincoln. All songs by Lincoln except for #3 (Ellington) and #4 & #14 (Cary). He has a nice touch, solid technique, and obvious love & respect for Lincoln. There’s definitely more than a touch of classical training in his style and it shows. Great arrangements as well.|
*1. Upbeat, dramatic and driving. A great introduction to his style.
2. Downtempo drama then quick key flourishes. Nicely played.
3. Slow, quiet at times. Picks up. Nicely driving and lyrical.
4. Relaxed with some fast trills. Great playing on this one.
*5. Romance then drama. Mostly slow with lots of style.
6. Downtempo, picks up a bit. Warm w/solid playing.
*7. Slow trills, tempo changes, a layered, cinematic track.
8. Melancholy, mostly downtempo w/strong, almost classical playing.
*9. Driving mostly midtempo w/a nice sense of darkness.
10. Deceptively simple, evolves into a series of trills and arpeggios.
*11. Lovely downtempo balland with an old fashioned air.
12. Relaxed, quiet at times, with a lovely melody.
13. Downtempo drama with silence as important as keys.
14. Rich downtempo ode w/a layered, sophisticated style.