|Nagl, Max / Daumenkind|
|Add Date:||2013-09-09||Pull Date:||2013-11-11|
|Week Ending:||3 Nov||13 Oct||22 Sep|
|1.||Jul 26, 2014:||Space House |
|3.||Oct 12, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Nov 02, 2013:||Space House |
|4.||Sep 19, 2013:||Space House |
Austrian experimental electronic. Discogs says Nagl is an "Austrian jazz saxophonist" but I don't hear the jazz. Lots of distorted saxophone and various clicks and hisses. There are hints of glitch and a few songs sound like noisier versions/combinations of Matmos, Colin Stetson or fellow Austrian Christian Fennesz. Despite the BIG sounds, most tracks have relatively sparse arrangements. Usually there are no more than 2-3 things making noise at any one time. FCC clean.|
1. (0:43) lumbering breakbeat, screeching and dialup sound (intro)
2. (2:16) sounds like processed, distorted carnival music
3. (1:20) thumb piano and broken VCR?
4. (1:40) aggressive glitch with disarmingly narrow sound/range
5. *(3:27) BIG SOUNDS. distorted fire alarm/fog horn/low-flying plane/probably just a saxaphone over simple cymbal beat
6. (1:56) oscillating grinding and screeching. Sounds like Fennesz turned up to 11.
7. *(2:39) wobbly, screechy almost hip hop beat
8. (3:30) soundtrack to a whimsical horror movie. Or The Caretaker on psychedelics.
9. (2:59) cymbals, handclaps and some organ. Kind of a snooze.
10. (2:36) ethereal tones. And then the velociraptors show up. Oh, and then there are some duck noises.
|1.||Wrack Beat||6.||Floud Iv|