|Tigerskin / All Those Goodbyes|
|Album:||All Those Goodbyes||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Dirt Crew Recordings|
|Add Date:||2013-09-29||Pull Date:||2013-12-01||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||17 Nov||27 Oct||13 Oct||6 Oct|
|1.||Mon, 02 Apr 18:||Mayjahn|
|4.||Tue, 12 Nov 13:||Mayjahn|
|2.||Tue, 31 Dec 13:||Mayjahn|
|5.||Mon, 11 Nov 13:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC)
|3.||Sun, 08 Dec 13:||Mayjahn|
|6.||Tue, 22 Oct 13:||Mayjahn|
Tigerskin: All Those Goodbyes Label: 200 Records|
Note: This album comes out on Oct. 14, and KZSU's getting it 5 weeks in advance!
Tigerskin's album is amazing - all sorts of blissful and dreamy house music rich with synths and catchy basslines. German producer Tigerskin (a.k.a. Alexander Kruger) has released a ton of music since the mid 90s on labels including Force, Raum, and Resopal. The album itself spans multiple styles, from disco, house, downtempo, and tech-house. Virtually every track on this album is some sort of tasty good electronica. In many ways, the slower and chilled-out tracks are my favorites. My picks include:
#2 "7477": Blissful spacey-disco/house collaboration w/ Till Von Sein
#4 "Inside the Groove": Definitely groovy house track w/ The LazarusMan
#6 "Early Winter": Wonderful warm pop/downtempo
#7 "Love Went Without Saying": Like an 80s pop ballad. Love it.
#8 "This Place is Empty Without You": The Orb would've loved this one.
#13 "Stella": A great techy-house collaboration w/ "Evil" Eddie Richards
TRACK BY TRACK LISTINGS:
1. "One Too Many Times" (6:54) - Funky disco-80s infused house w/ lively bassline and catchy vocals & percussion.
2. "7477" (5:28) - Deliciously dreamy, richly layered synths, a slightly slower beat but still lots of groove.
3. "Heartbreakin' Body" (6:39) - Trippy-spacey house w/ bits of congas & a catchy melody
4. "Inside the Groove" (6:21) - Funky/groovy house w/ vocal samples and blippy little synths that are super catchy. Love that funky bassline. So good…
5. "The And" (8:33) - A longer and meandering track w/ gorgeous pianos, warm and exotic ambience.
6. "Early Winter" (3:02) - Lovely downtempo & dreamy pop. Warm synths, strings, vocals.
7. "Love Went Without Saying" (4:37) - Super-dreamy! 80s pop-ballad aesthetic, bubbly synths & chimes. Simply lovely.
8. "This Place Is Empty Without You" (9:43) - Blissed-out dreamy & exotic breakbeat/ambient. The highest compliment I can say about it - reminds me of the Orb.
9. "Leaving You" (9:43) - A bit melancholy and pensive melody, shimmering synths and a house beat.
10. "Thursday" (9:05) - Smooth synths, neat little guitar melody, warm and tropical feel.
11. "Retrofit" (6:43) - Nervy electro-house, big techy break in the middle, funky bassline.
12. "On the Corner" (6:42) - Tech-house with signature warm synths, with driving beat and samples of people talking as though they were on a street corner
13. "Stella" (6:52) - "Evil" Eddie Richards lends a hand on this tech-house remix - hard thumping beats, claps, great rolling bassline, and signature Tigerskin synths
14. "Burning Down Paris" (4:10) - Shimmering tones, lush synths - dreamy downtempo track
|1.||One Too Many Times||8.||This Place Is Empty Without You (Dub)|
|4.||Inside The Groove||11.||Retrofit|
|5.||The And||12.||On The Corner|
|7.||Love Went Without Saying||14.||Burning Down Paris|