|Atropolis / Transitions|
|Add Date:||2013-09-22||Pull Date:||2013-11-24||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||20 Oct|
|1.||Thu, 13 Feb 20:||the amateur|
|3.||Sun, 08 Dec 13:||Mayjahn|
|2.||Mon, 24 Dec 18:||Mayjahn|
|4.||Sat, 19 Oct 13:||Tom D|
The Proselytizer Radio News Hour
Label: Cumba Mela|
Straight out of New York, this is Atropolis’s sophomore album on the brand spankin’ new tropical-bass collective Cumba Mela. World mixed with electronic. Lots of horn-like sounds, tropical feel with some dancehall. The Latin-tinged compositions incorporate dubstep, cumbia, kuduro, and dance elements that pull influences from the Caribbean, West Africa, and South America. Throw this in your DJ sets, yo.
FCC’s: none detected
1. (5:39) Tribal beats with dat sub bass, flutes, nice shivers that transition [ermagod the album title!] into reggaeton slammer.
*2. (5:22) An accordion, some nice hand drums, and those fine sirens are all you need in this life.
3. (3:54) Sweet manly whispers of “moombahton”, with nice Spanish rapping as well.
*4. (3:21) Nice sirens melded with bloops alongside traditional Latin American folk/ accordion. Fucking dope!
5. (3:57) Fem vox alongside nice claps, synths, shakers... beachy song on a cloudy day.
6. (4:57) Moombahton/ dubby efects sliding along dancehall, hand drums, shakers, cowbell, and keyboards. Oh my!
7. (3:48) Big beats hand in hand with nice gaita flutes and shakers. Has a Caribbean feel to it.
*8. (6:40) Darker beats with fun synths, and spacier sound. Throw this in a techno set for a crowd breather-- gets lightly schizophrenic tropical.
9. (3:54) Female meow-worthy Spanish vocals under medium Spanish infused dance track with a little guitar.
*10. (5:26) Big drums, shakers, flutes, dubby effects all to pace... This is a dance track with attitude!
*11. (6:05) Discordant carnival loops sync with big percussion beats, spacey shrill noise and strings. This is weirder :-)
12. (4:02) Faster loopy track with snares and high pitched synth action. Very playful.
|1.||Urban Chief||7.||Una Mezcla Costena Ft. Darwin Escorcia|
|3.||Pomparaso Ft. Boogat||9.||Reza Por Mi Ft. Lido Pimienta|
|5.||Which Way To Go Ft. Carol C||11.||El Pacifico Ft. Brent Arnold|