|Little Scout / Are You Life|
|Album:||Are You Life||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Little Scout Music|
|Add Date:||2013-09-29||Pull Date:||2013-12-01|
|Week Ending:||1 Dec||24 Nov||10 Nov||27 Oct||20 Oct||13 Oct||6 Oct|
|1.||Tue, 07 Jan 14:||Mister Esquire|
Meow After Midnight: The Best Of 2013
|4.||Wed, 27 Nov 13:||Mister Esquire|
Meow After Midnight
|2.||Tue, 03 Dec 13:||Mister Esquire & TerrahDez|
|5.||Thu, 21 Nov 13:||Victoria|
|3.||Thu, 28 Nov 13:||Mister Esquire|
Meow For Thanksgiviong
|6.||Tue, 19 Nov 13:||Mister Esquire|
Australian Indie pop/rock band. You can’t really go wrong playing any of these tracks, but they also all kind of sound the same... Lead vocalist, Melissa Tickle, has a sweet, sometimes ethereal/sometimes fun voice. Little Scout has opened for bands like Belle & Sebastian, The New Pornographers, and Camera Obscura. So if you like them, Little Scout is different, but makes for a nice pairing. First 5 songs on the upbeat side, latter 5 are on the slower, softer side. -victoria|
1. **Are You Life (3:20) A fun, dynamic piece (both instrumentally and vocally).
2. March Over To Me (3:04) The lyrics “you will march over to me” are repeated endlessly. Song is fun, upbeat, but the repetition wears a little bit.
3. Flash In A Pan (3:47) Another upbeat song with a steady beat.
4. Go Quietly (2:45) Jangling and buzz. Little Scout knows “how to get there,” but she won’t share her secret.
5. *We Used To Know (4:01) Melissa Tickle hits the high, airy notes. Some nice guitar work in the latter half.
6. **Ten Taxis (4:01) Less excitement, more reflection. Soft ballad, hits an emotional chord other songs on this album barely miss.
7. *Heard It All Before (3:28) Patrick Elliot (typically guitar) takes a turn singing. He has a lovely voice too, sort of reminds me of Her Space Holiday or Stars.
8. Day (2:39) Soft, thoughtful song. I wish M. Tickle’s voice was just a little bit easier to understand, because the lyrics in this song are poetic.
9. Take It Back (3:31) Moves between slow and noisy. For some reason, I keep hearing “your face on weekends.” But the lyrics are a little better than that.
10. *Don’t Teach Me To Sing (3:03) Vocals have an echo-y quality to them. Between lines, sound diminishes into all-but-silence.
|1.||Are You Life||6.||Ten Taxis|
|2.||March Over To Me||7.||Heard It All Before|
|3.||Flash In A Pan||8.||Day|
|4.||Go Quietly||9.||Take It Back|
|5.||We Used To Know||10.||Don't Teach Me To Sing|