|Molina, Juana / Wed 21|
|Add Date:||2013-12-19||Pull Date:||2014-02-28|
|Week Ending:||23 Feb||26 Jan||19 Jan||12 Jan||5 Jan||29 Dec|
|1.||May 09, 2022:||Setting Fire to the Lab (rebroadcast from Jan ... (rebroadcast from May 9, 2022) |
Ay, No Se Ofendan
|4.||May 05, 2016:||deep storage (radio seven) |
|2.||May 09, 2022:||Setting Fire to the Lab (rebroadcast from Jan 14, 2014) |
Ay, No Se Ofendan
|5.||Dec 04, 2015:||A Visit From Drum (All My Friends Are Animals) |
El Oso De La Guarda
|3.||May 24, 2016:||does radio suck? |
|6.||Feb 22, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Argentinian singer-songwriter Juana Molina’s first album in five years is a subtle and exquisite genre-bender—something like bladerunnercore-folk-pop from the jungle. The music glides along effortlessly, but the intricate arrangements have a riptide-like effect in their ability to sneak up and hook the ear. Catchy, but not overtly poppy. Cool quirky lyrics (in Spanish) about literal packrats, bug-cars, and noise haters. Favorites: 1, 3, 6, 8. No FCCs.|
1. *(4:25)—Mid-tempo. 7/4 time. Subdued, funky. Music for creeping along the forest floor.
2. (3:17)—Mid-tempo. Off-kilter electronics, like being in a trippy arcade.
3. *(3:23)—Mid-tempo. Driving, chill verses. Trippy vocal layering on the choruses. Krautfolk? RIYL Moon Glyph.
4. (4:06)—Mid-tempo. Upbeat in a quiet way. Buzzing synth, plucked guitar.
5. (4:52)—Medium-fast, propulsive, noir-ish. Noisy and dissonant second half.
6. *(5:30)—Medium-slow, ominous, loping. Bloopy synths, polyrhythms. Picks up speed.
7. (4:34)—Mid-tempo. Folky intro moves into something funkier. Trippy harmonies.
8. *(6:39)—Medium-fast, driving, off-kilter. Slow, lush middle. Long, minimal, spacey coda.
9. (4:17)—Medium-slow. Starts just with bass and vocals. Woozy synths, synthetic bagpipes.
10. (4:18)—Mid-tempo, dissonant, chaotic, almost rocking.
11. (3:47)—Mid-tempo, four-on-the-floor. Tinny acoustic guitar, chopped vocal loop.
|1.||Eras||6.||Ay, No Se Ofendan|
|2.||Wed 21||7.||Bicho Auto|
|3.||Ferocísimo||8.||El Oso De La Guarda|
|4.||Lo Decidí Yo||9.||Las Edades|
|5.||Sin Guía, No||10.||La Rata|