|Booka Shade / Eve|
|Album:||Eve||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Add Date:||2013-11-14||Pull Date:||2014-01-24||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||5 Jan||22 Dec||8 Dec||1 Dec||24 Nov|
|1.||Feb 22, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|4.||Dec 03, 2013:||Pumping Iron |
|2.||Jan 04, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Nov 26, 2013:||Pumping Iron |
|3.||Dec 17, 2013:||Sunshine on a Full Moon Afternoon |
|6.||Nov 19, 2013:||Meow |
Booka Shade-- Eve|
Fifth studio album from Frankfurt tech-house group Booka Shade. Not as innovative as previous albums, but still not a disappointment either- they’re trying new things and perfecting their style. First half banging club-oriented dance tracks, second half is the post-club love session. A little bit of experimentation too. Nice grooves/ beats on all. RIYL: Extrawelt, Gui Boratto, Letherette, dancing.
Picks: *1*, 2 ,4, 6, *9*, *12* (play 12 with 11 for maximum coolness)
FCC’s: none detected
**1.(5:09) Jazzy, deep, chugging house with reallllly smooth melodies. Nice rises and falls... oh yeah. Fantastic!
*2. (6:01) Chilled out tech-house with synths crescendos and fem vox. Elements of that classic Booka Shade sound. Very melodic.
3. (5:48) Cheesy make out song with dramatic pianos. Morphs into cheesy (but banging) deeper tribal influenced techno.
*4. (2:52) Industrial machine that is snoring, but then wakes up to find you tinkering with its brain. The battle ensues!!!!!
5. (4:08) Darker, twinkling, chugging tech. Spacey effects + keyboards
*6. (5:41) Low frequencies cradle the carnival-like deep beat and background sounds. Whooshes and male vox “searching for a sign”.
7. (4:20) Slower, acoustic guitar track with some electronic sounds/ manipulations. Beats come in halfway through.
8. (5:16) Serotonin laced bouncy house track with happy synths and smoke machines. Fritz Kalkbrenner! Hands in the air!
***9. (5:26) DARK, DEEP, SEXY TECHNO BUT STILL LIGHT HEARTED AND FUN!!(?) Yup.
10. (3:56) Thick distortion under kick drum, synths, and shimmers.
11. (2:01) Various skittering noises with low bass, comes in and out.
**12. (5:15) More industrial grinding techno that gets wonky and spacey. Empty Playskool playground factory ;-)
|1.||Many Rivers||7.||Time's On My Side|
|2.||Love Inc||8.||Crossing Borders|
|4.||Leema||10.||Only When You Wake Up|
|5.||Maifeld||11.||Ballad Of The East|