|Laurel Halo / Chance Of Rain|
|Album:||Chance Of Rain||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Laurel Halo||Added:||Nov 2013|
|Add Date:||2013-12-05||Pull Date:||2014-02-14||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Feb 9||Feb 2||Jan 26||Jan 19||Jan 12||Jan 5||Dec 29||Dec 22|
|1.||Oct 31, 2018:||Being as an ocean |
|4.||Mar 10, 2018:||Reckless Burning |
Dr Echt, Chance Of Rain
|2.||Sep 14, 2018:||Sound Landscapes |
Chance Of Rain
|5.||Apr 29, 2017:||Reckless Burning |
|3.||Mar 22, 2018:||Sound Landscapes |
Chance Of Rain
|6.||Feb 21, 2017:||The Offbeat Generation |
I could tell you about this artist's past releases and where she's from and what year it is right now and name some cobbled together micro-genre to encapsulate what this CD sounds like. But that would be a disservice to the immersive world of “Chance of Rain”. Because this is music to lose oneself in. This is cryptic music, music that evades overriding concepts or clean solutions. This is what ought to be played to the bored hoards stuck in traffic. It’s the feeling of waking up from a surreal dream, now vague and unattainable and just out of reach. So yes, this is experimental electronica rooted in techno and ambient. And yes, I realize I’m resorting to hyperbole. But give this CD a chance. You’ll be surprised at what you find. |
Beat driven tracks: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
Spacey sound-bed tracks: 1, 5, 9
Similar artists/releases: Actress "R.I.P.", Tim Hecker “Virgins”, Oneohtrix Point Never "Replica", Aphex Twin, Andy Stott "Luxury Problems"
1. (1:38) Slow, ambient piano
2. (7:34) *** Fast. Intricate and mesmerizing
3. (6:29) ** Mid. Syncopated synths in a hazy techno fog. Early-ish fade out
4. (7:36) *** Mid. What nostalgia will sound like in the future.
5. (2:21) * Slow. Cinematic, orchestral quality
6. (3:51) Mid. Unintelligible voices with frenetic synths. Shifts midway through into a sci-fi movie atmosphere
7. (5:55) *** Fast. One of the brighter more frenetic tracks.
8. (7:14) *** Mid. Soft textures with a sporadic beat lurking beneath.
9. (1:30) ** Slow. Jazzy piano, gorgeous. Reviewed by Muscat
|4.||Chance Of Rain||8.||Ainnome|