Psyche rock extraordinaire. The whole Carlton Melton, Wooden Shjips, White Hills, Lumerians dynasty has truly assumed control. This stuff is like a fine distillate of all of the above, with a dash of Pink Floyd and a Ren Faire tossed in. Driving Krautrocky beats, swirling everything, “vocals” run through what must be a rack of effects. Mostly guitar/bass/drums/vocs/effect, but they also use field recordings and trippy ambient effects. The former often sound like a bunch of hippies dancing around a daisy festooned baby goat. If phony hippies attach to this kind of jam band instead of the drivel they twirl and hacky sack to these days it probably wouldn’t be a bad thing. The last track however ambushes you with a gothy doom early 80’s crusty tone. I fucking LOVE it!
1) (10:15) starts with some ambient noise, kicks into the driving krautrock fuzzed out rock you requested, heavily treated buried “vocals” swirl around with everything else
2) (8:28) more of a sultry sexy feel, some tambourine veers into Wooden Shjips territory
3) (17:03) begins with field recording, sounds like the front porch of a hippie farm, then starts into a slow Pink Floydian set the controls for the heart of the sun wander, but picks up into an urgent free for all psyche jam
4) (9:34) I’ve never been to a Ren Faire but the first 2 minutes of this is what I imagine it sounds like a lot, or I’d hope, then a slow plodding space rock follows, kicks into higher gear, pounding beat as it evolves
5) (10:27) this one starts with cool spacey sounds and then a driving beat fades in, goes in and out, good stuff
6) (16:48 and worth every second) oh my goodness, a simple riff that sounds like proto goth LA, something crusty, like Shattered Faith on qualuudes, 16 minutes of pure bliss! lo mejor!