|Kellies, Las / Total Exposure|
|Add Date:||2014-08-08||Pull Date:||2014-10-10|
|Week Ending:||12 Oct||5 Oct||7 Sep||24 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug|
|1.||Apr 07, 2016:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [S161] |
|4.||Oct 08, 2014:|| In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand |
|2.||Jan 12, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand |
|5.||Oct 06, 2014:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand |
|3.||Nov 24, 2014:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Side B [ATMTPTMM!] |
|6.||Oct 02, 2014:||Meow |
Buenos Aires’ Las Kellies’ third full-length album, Total Exposure, is the trio’s most polished recording to date. Departing from their early lo-fi recordings influenced by punk aesthetics, they have expanded their sound by adding dub and dance music rhythms to their mix as well as a layer of synthesizers here and there. Compared to their early material, Total Exposure is in total slow-groove vibe, with many of the songs played at almost rocksteady rhythm. This is an interesting direction for a band that made its reputation for being loud and energetic, although some of that is still there, especially towards the end of the album. Two things they kept from their original concept are having shorter length tracks and most of their vocals are in English, a trend that is catching up more and more in Latin America these days. |
RIYL: ESG, The Slits, Bush Tetras, Humpe Humpe and Debbie Harry’s KooKoo LP.
FCC WARNINGS: 9
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 6, 7, 8,10, 12, 13, 14
1. (2:08) Boy, Sweet Boy – Riddim inspired intro track. Feels more like a filler.
2. (1:55) **Melting Ice – Debbie Harry’s influence here. Repetitive and catchy!
3. (2:10) *Golden Love – A nice companion to the previous track.
4. (2:28) Jealousy – Dub and Reggae here. Nice synthesizer.
5. (2:03) A Youth – Riddim inspired.
6. (1:46) *King Lion – ESG forever!
7. (3:23) **La Fiesta – I like this party!
8. (3:16) **Post Post – Great instrumental track. It could have been a lost ESG song.
9. (1:53) Typical Bitch - FCC (b****, s***). The punkiest track in the album! Too bad!
10. (1:42) *Go V! – Las Kellies went back to their roots.
11. (2:11) Two Types – Riddim here.
12. (1:11) **Isla San Simón – Post-punk revival approved.
13. (2:03) *Hit Me Once – Decent instrumental track. Spacey.
14. (3:04) **Don't Look Suspicious – Fast and catchy. Great vocals.
15. (2:32) Místico – Instrumental track for ending. Impressed!
|1.||Boy, Sweet Boy||8.||Post Post|
|2.||Melting Ice||9.||Typical Bitch|
|3.||Golden Love||10.||Go V!|
|5.||Youth||12.||Illa San Simon|
|6.||King Lion||13.||Hit Me Once|
|7.||La Fiesta||14.||Don't Look Suspicious|