|Kwes / Ilp.|
|Add Date:||2013-11-21||Pull Date:||2014-01-31|
|Week Ending:||19 Jan||5 Jan||15 Dec||8 Dec||1 Dec|
|1.||Jan 18, 2014:||Music Cassrole |
|4.||Dec 11, 2013:||Sunflower Sutra |
|2.||Jan 04, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Dec 06, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA |
|3.||Dec 13, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA |
|6.||Nov 26, 2013:||Meow |
Kwes - “ilp.”|
Label – Warp Records
Kwes has done most of his work as a producer, mixing records for the xx before this album. His voice sounds similar to Jamie Smith of the xx, and his producing skill sounds like a distorted, darker, more complex version of some of the xx's songs. Ilp overall seems to be all over the place, with the beats never coming together with the vocals and none of the noise experiment songs coming to conclusion. Some beautiful lyrics and hints of incredible production, just never all together, except in B_shf_I. Favorites- B_shf_I (10), Cablecar (4) if you want some noise. No FCCs on any song.
1. (5:14) Purplehands – Slow, distorted electric vibes with some piano background. Light male vocals
2. (4:04) 36 – A steady drumbeat combined with catchy piano hook and some electronic background. Same light male voice, but more active.
3. (3:46) Rollerblades – Upbeat, less breathy but same male vocals in beginning with some chorus in the background. Background changes from quick drumbeat to hi-hats to flowing synths and fading noise at the end.
4. (8:02) Cablecar – Almost like a light noise experiment, this longest track flows in and out with powerful but not loud synths, different drumbeats, and a constant vocals that rises pitch as the song climaxes.
5.(4:37) Flower – Slow ballad, his voice is the most powerful on this track. Simple synth and slow clapbeat in the background that grows and fades through the song.
6.(3:29) Hives – Another light noise experiment, with scratchy chords in beginning, transitioning to light and happy building synths in the middle before finishing with simple chords over a flowing synth.
7. (4:24) Broke – Very vocally centered, going from crooning to lullaby, with little background to support his voice except fading chords at the end.
8. (2:42) Chagall – Another noise experiment. Scratchy, distorted building synths with vocals of indistinguishable lyrics moaning in and out.
9. (2:28) Parakeet – Auto tuned vocals with fading in and out, distorted scratchy synths in the background. Last 35 seconds is silence.
10. (4:10) B_shf_I – Sounds most like an xx song, with more complex synths and melodies interspersed with light drums and upbeat vocals.