|Kiln / Meadow:Watt|
|Add Date:||2013-11-28||Pull Date:||2014-02-07||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||26 Jan||8 Dec||1 Dec|
|1.||Nov 07, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Dec 04, 2013:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Jan 25, 2014:||Space House |
|5.||Nov 30, 2013:||Space House |
|3.||Dec 05, 2013:||The Sunset Life |
First album in six years from this seasoned ambient-experimental trio. Although Kiln’s spent a lot of time in ambient-drone territory (and even in Talk Talk-like soundscapes with their 90s project Fibreforms), this album approaches IDM-land and meshes real instruments into its largely electronic sound. Subtle, rhythmic, expansive, elaborate. Favorites: 2, 4, 6, 8, 9. No words, no FCCs. |
1. (5:09)—Medium-fast, mechanical. Glitches, drones, scraping sounds.
2. *(5:31)—Slow, rainforest-like. Synthetic flutes, insect-like sounds, reverbed guitars.
3. (6:17)—Mid-tempo, granular. A bit of funky wub-wub-wubbing going on.
4. *(6:29)—Medium-slow. Warm drones, soft glitches, a bright melody. Tropical, then skittering. Cruises along happily.
5. (6:52)—Mid-tempo, scattered, particularly bloopy and glitchy.
6. *(4:55)—Slow, nocturnal. Deep drums, buzzing, dramatic string loops.
7. (3:31)—Medium-slow, banging, the most dancefloor-ready piece here.
8. *(6:38)—Medium-slow, pretty, relaxing. First half—IDM meets reggae? Second half—goopy, trippy, droney.
9. *(6:36)—Medium-slow, waltz time. Manipulated drums. Soft, dreamy tones.
|2.||Pinemarten||6.||Moth And Moon|