|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Dec 2013|
|Add Date:||2013-12-05||Pull Date:||2014-02-14|
|Week Ending:||Feb 16||Jan 26||Jan 12||Dec 15|
|1.||Feb 13, 2014:||Stringless Balloon
|4.||Jan 07, 2014:||late night dryer
|2.||Jan 23, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|5.||Dec 14, 2013:||Space House
|3.||Jan 09, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|6.||Dec 14, 2013:||Music Casserole
1. (5:19) Eerie drone with scraping harsh noise, looped screaming voices, a nightmarish soundscape
2. (8:06) Vocals = annoying indie excess, guitars = a five year old trying to play Talking Heads songs; rhythms get jaunty and groovy eventually, but that can’t save this track from utter mediocrity.
3. (4:31) What the fuck? Throbbing lo-fi electronic grooves gives way to plinking steel-drum sounds and layered vocal harmonies. This is clearly just a guy fucking around on a Casio but he’s good at it.
4. (8:23) Again, what the fuck. After two minutes of scattered noise, a stark dance pulse pounds away like it’s the dancefloor of a Space Station-themed club. The band adds some weird effects and vocals, but it’s mostly the beat—terrible song by Gnod standards, but not bad overall.
5 (2:47) *WOOOO! Groovy hipshakin’ garage rhythms, searing, noisy guitar and keys. If Ty Segall or Thee Oh Sees replaced vocals with Moog synth, you’d basically have this.
6.**(6:59) drifting, plodding jam-rock accompanies a stately tamboura drone; congas and harmonized chanting soon join in the fun, and you’ll be on a different planet by the end of the track.
7. (3:47) dark driving psych groove under random blipping electronics
8. (15:05) this must be a joke, but a really long and unfunny one: really repetitive, cycling harsh noise.
9. (5:17) lethargic, lopsided jamming under a tired cymbal beat
10. (6:51) subtle crescendo of layered percussion, synth weirdness and gentle rhythm guitar, see Sun Araw for far superior underwater jungle vibes
11. (3:48) lazy faux-chicha psych jam, instrumental and surprisingly low-energy for a Goat track
12. *(8:18) pounding tribal rhythms over a sustained drone that grows in discordance and intensity until a gentle denouement concludes
|1.||Teeth Of The Sea||Run Red|
|2.||Blood Sport||Dry Water (Redux)|
|3.||Vision Fortune||Forgot How To Swim|
|8.||Shit & Shine||Please Don't Share|
|10.||Lay Llamas, The||African Spacecraft|