|Harm Wulf / There's Honey In The Soil So We Wait For The Till|
|Album:||There's Honey In The Soil So We Wait For The Till||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Harm Wulf||Added:||Jan 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-01-02||Pull Date:||2014-03-06||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Feb 16||Feb 2||Jan 26||Jan 19||Jan 12|
|1.||Jun 13, 2015:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|4.||Jan 28, 2014:||late night dryer |
|2.||Feb 15, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|5.||Jan 27, 2014:||Deathcrush |
|3.||Feb 01, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|6.||Jan 25, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
There’s Honey In The Soil So We Wait For The Till
Reviewed by BravoMarco
31st December 2013
Debut solo release from “Blacklisted” singer G. Hirsch. This may not be for the masses, but it’s certainly worth playing. Experimental on occasions, soothing, mellow sounds. Basic at times with bleak windswept imagery. Difficult not to make Death in June / 16 Horsepower comparisons. Still a great listen. Like the effects on the vocals.
Play all, liking the best 2,7,8,9
No detectable FCC’s
1) Oldfur (3.35) Acoustic guitar opener with pleasing vocals, particularly good sampled voice to finish.
2) Silk Soul (3.45) More energetic driving force with this one, gutsy. Female vocals add to this one during the chorus.
3) Astral Oblivion (3.11) One of the more DiJ folkier numbers.
4) When Old Becomes New (2.47) Slow. Mean & Moody. Another sampled finish
5) More Weight (3.26) Gritty, with stark imagery.
6) Spectrum Blues (3.46) Nice melody, perhaps the most assessable.
7) We Hold Empty Names (6.20) Found myself singing “Behind The Rose” by DiJ during this one. Good in its own right though. Austere but with feeling.
8) Bonepicker (3.06) This one is stark. Definitely one of the highlights. Foot tapping isolation.
9) There’s Honey In The Soil So We Wait For The Till (I&II) (6.28) Whistling wind backing, sets this up nicely. Military style drumming leading up to a faster pace from 2.40 onwards combining with an almost flamenco sound. A certain urgency about the vocals throughout. Finishes nicely with a couple of sentences of spoken word samples.
|2.||Silk Soul||6.||Spectrum Blues|
|3.||Astral Oblivion||7.||We Hold Empty Names|
|4.||When Old Becomes New||8.||Bonepicker|
|9.||There's Honey In The Soil So We Wait For The Till|