|Aevangelist / Omen Ex Simulacra|
|Album:||Omen Ex Simulacra||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Debemur Morti Productions|
|Add Date:||2014-01-17||Pull Date:||2014-03-21||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||2 Mar||16 Feb||2 Feb||26 Jan|
|1.||Feb 24, 2014:||Deathcrush |
|4.||Jan 22, 2014:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Feb 10, 2014:||Deathcrush |
Mirror Of Eden
|5.||Jan 20, 2014:||Deathcrush |
|3.||Jan 27, 2014:||Deathcrush |
Ævangelist /Omen Ex Simulacra/Debemur Morti|
This is an album characterized by machine-gun sounding drums, howling riffs, and masterful growls. I use howl a lot because it really sounds like it’s howling. Think the “washing machine” quality of any Portal song but turned into something less experimental, in a good way. This is a violent and fast album with plenty of slow doom-influences as well. An album to headbang to but with supreme listenability. I feel like I’m listening to None So Vile for the first time again.
Favorite tracks: FIRST TRACK, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8
RIYL: Portal, Death, Cryptopsy, Carcass
Reviewed by alsal
+++1. 12:33 - First couple of minutes are noise/spacey synths. Ghostly vocals follow and then crushing riffs with just the right tone with well done snarled vocals. Sometimes switches into blast beats and faster riffs, but mostly just howls at a decent pace. This song fucking rocks.
2. 7:20 - More howling riffs and now screeching vocals at first, then the same vocals from the previous track. Parts with complex riff patterns, cool variations of vocals, and slow headbanging stuff round out this track nicely.
3. 6:24 - Similar to the previous track. Some atmospheric portions and then some more traditional death metal portions. Sometimes, the guitar sounds like what a tree on fire looks like.
4. 7:49 - Crashing noise and the riffs are somewhere buried inside driving it all. They come out sometimes but it’s a lot of sound in one track in the best way. A little demented sound at times, too. At the end it’s almost straight riff and sounds excellent.
5. 6:08 - A little flat, but there are some awesome moments, like the little lick that comes with the riffs and the light synths.
6. 4:38 - Some crazy guitar stuff, more howling guitar riffs, and drums that stick out. Gets a little industrial at times but it’s fairly similar to track 5 in that it’s less innovative than the earlier tracks.
7. 6:28 - Similar to track 4. A ton of sound and noise carefully put into the bandwidth of this track. Some experimental sounds that accompany and sometimes alternate with the same howling riffs that feature throughout this album.
8. 12:58 - Almost a continuation of the first track. When riffs come in they hit harder than ever and the synths are almost indiscernible but appreciated. The sounds forcefully die towards the end as the dust clears.
|1.||Veils||5.||Prayer For Ascetic Misery|
|2.||Mirror Of Eden||6.||Relinquished Destiny|
|4.||The Devoured Aeons Of Stygian Eternity||8.||Abysscape|