|Bardo Pond / Batholith|
|Artist:||Bardo Pond||Added:||Jan 2014|
|Label:||Three Lobed Recordings|
|Add Date:||2014-01-31||Pull Date:||2014-04-04|
|Week Ending:||Apr 6||Mar 16||Mar 9||Mar 2||Feb 23||Feb 16||Feb 9|
|1.||Apr 13, 2022:||Femme Fatale (rebroadcast from Mar 5, 2014) |
|4.||Mar 13, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
|2.||Apr 03, 2014:||Meow |
|5.||Mar 13, 2014:||Stringless Balloon |
|3.||Mar 15, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|6.||Mar 08, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Philadelphia band that have been around since the early 90’s. Raw charged rock with a kick, the female vocals adding that extra warmth. Trippy, hippy & powerful. This is a collection of tracks originally released in 2008. If they weren’t played at that time, they should be played now. A quality release.
Play All – Tip Top 1,2,3
No detectable FCC’s
1) A Tune (7.33) Nice & dirty. Takes it’s time to wind up, fuzzy singing accompanies the feedback charged energy. Laid back & gutsy at the same time. Top drawer.
2) Push Yer Head (3.32) Slowish tempo, Guitar effects working wonders with the vocals.
3) Hypnotists (7.54) More experimental, film track style with images of a big landscape. Instrumental psychedelic loveliness.
4) Splint (6.00) Another instrumental. Slowing it right down, gets going after 2 minutes with that extra punch, still manages to stay smooth even with the feedback, then back to the mellow for the last minute or so.
5) Slip Away (5.44) Mid paced powerhouse with vocals – although they are really used as background accompaniment to the meaty sound on display.
6) SSH (10.12) The prefect Instrumental ending. Whips you up & takes you far away. Velvety.