|Gunther Doug / Gunther Doug|
|Add Date:||2014-01-31||Pull Date:||2014-04-04|
|Week Ending:||6 Apr||9 Mar|
|1.||Tue, 01 Apr 14:||aj|
Setting Fire to the Lab
|2.||Sat, 08 Mar 14:||Eme O|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Nashville based Indie band. Garage tendencies. They play like they are enjoying themselves. Fun fast paced rock. Tormented style of singing adds to the grungy flavor.
Seem to be influenced by Jane’s Addiction / Mudhoney / 60’s garage & the like.
Will find a home on KZSU.
No detectable FCC’s
1) Rainbow Cloud (1.09) Promising start, Psychedelic feel, fast-ish paced – effects on vocals combining with a convincing 60’s beat.
2) Already There (4.04) Fast paced track, pop punk – break in the middle, causes a slight disjoined feel. Good lyrics though.
3) Danger House (3.10) Slow to start then picks up the pace. Sounds like an anthem type track for live shows. Whirling sounds towards the end. Nice.
4) Eb (3.14) Guitars at work on this one. More of a country feel. Twangy.
5) Solar Trader (3.51) Another country offering with an edge to it. The single release for this LP. More of a larger sound, solid psychey guitars & plenty of woops in the chorus. Worth a play.
6) Christmas Song (5.04) More of a mellower poppy feel even though the pace is strong. Vocal interlude is a nice touch from 2nd-4th minute, the whole track would have benefited from being like this. A bit manic, suppose that’s the purpose.
|2.||Already There||5.||Solar Trader|
|3.||Danger House||6.||Christmas Song|