|Various Artists / Ghanni 3an Ta3rif|
|Album:||Ghanni 3an Ta3rif||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2014-02-07||Pull Date:||2014-04-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||13 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar||23 Mar||16 Mar||9 Mar||2 Mar||23 Feb|
|1.||Jan 03, 2019:||oatmeal for lunch |
|4.||Mar 29, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|2.||Apr 10, 2014:||The Peninsula Report |
|5.||Mar 22, 2014:||Music Casserole |
Ana Hurra Bi Hali
|3.||Apr 05, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|6.||Mar 22, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
“Ghanni A`an Taa`rif” (Singing Sexuality) is a daring youth music project and CD that aim at raising awareness about LGBT issues in Arab societies. It contains songs by various artists, mostly Palestinian, singing about tolerance, gender equality and coexistence. More info at ghanni.net|
**Faves 2 and 4. All tracks FCC clean
1. Haya Zaatry sings ‘Mnakeer’ in a slow, deliberately mundane way.
2. **Jowan Safadi and Haya Zaatry sing a slow duet ‘Ji2tu ila Ahli’ [I Came to My Family] about being rejected by one’s family for taking off one’s mask.
3. Jowan Safadi sings ‘Qenaa Jded’ [New Mask] a mid tempo song with lots of bass guitar.
4. **The group Jam Tkseer [Broken Plural] sings a soft ballad titled ‘Qaseeda Sherera’ [Evil Poem] with lyrics based on a poem by Nizar Qabbani.
5. Raymond Haddad and Maisa Daw duet on this indie track called ‘Ana Hurra Bi Hali’ [I am Free to Be Myself] with a poetic, lyrical delivery about not wanting to be judged.
6. Jam Tkseer sing ‘Zomzom’ about a boy who likes to dress like a girl.
7. Abu rabus singing ‘Thalath Qasaed’ Narration in classical Arabic about gender roles accompanied by bizarre sounds.
8. Rola Azzar sings ‘Bahebk’ [I Love You] addressing a specifically female lover. Sounds like a French chanson, but in Arabic.
|2.||Jowan Safadi + Haya Zaatry||Ji2tu Ila Ahli|
|3.||Jowan Safadi||Qenaa Jded|
|4.||Jam Tkseer||Qaseeda Sherera|
|5.||Maisa Daw + Raymond Haddad||Ana Hurra Bi Hali|
|7.||Abu Rabus||Thalath Qasaed|