|Hospitality / Trouble|
|Add Date:||2014-02-07||Pull Date:||2014-04-11|
|Week Ending:||Apr 13||Apr 6||Mar 30||Mar 23||Mar 16||Mar 9||Mar 2||Feb 23|
|1.||Aug 27, 2016:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|4.||Jan 01, 2015:||Meow: The Best Of 2014 |
|2.||Dec 13, 2015:||Meow |
|5.||Apr 25, 2014:||Grooving with DJ Gu |
It's Not Serious, I Miss Your Bones
|3.||Dec 06, 2015:||Meow |
|6.||Apr 11, 2014:||Time Traveler |
It's Not Serious
Trouble combines aspects of lo-fi with classic, vintage-esque sound, staying close to Hospitality's indie rock roots. However, some really interesting developments come into play here, namely the incorporation of technically modern synth work in this otherwise indie rock-inspired collection. Nothing mind-blowing or earth-shattering, but still a really solid album.
No FCCs detected.
1. (4:24) Fuzzy guitars, cacophony of sound about 3 mins in when synth, cymbals come into play. Good intro to the rest of the album.
2. (3:34) Slightly groovy bass line, mellows out with a really nice drum beat that drives the song. Toe-tapper, kind of lounge-y sound.
3. (4:08) Jittery guitar/bass, a cool, tough rocker chick edge to this one (more so than the rest of the album). Somewhat reminiscent of Best Coast.
4. (2:10) Slower, psychedelic lo-fi sound. Very fuzzy, dreamy.
5. *(4:01) More of those psychedelic, slightly reverb-ed/echoey vocals. Bass heavy. Somewhat dark tone shift around 2 minutes in, gets really spacey with some funky synths.
6. *(4:06) Slowest song on the album, but one of the best. A nice slight buildup with slow cymbals and choice guitar; soft crooning accented by a dreamy piano.
7. *(2:53) Happy, vintage (60s?) kind of sound. Kind of bouncy, toe-tapper. Somewhat reminiscent of Camera Obscura.
8. (6:29) Vocal reverb! Chorus brings in a spacey vibe, further accentuated by the whirring synth and the floaty piano.
9. (4:17) Acoustic guitar, echoey vocals; when the background trumpet comes out full force, it adds a light, whimsical touch.
10. *(2:13) Stripped down acoustic and vocals. Really light and sweet.
Review by Ale Salazar.
|2.||Going Out||7.||It's Not Serious|
|3.||I Miss Your Bones||8.||Last Words|
|5.||Rockets And Jets||10.||Call Me After|